microsoft xp outlook

i am running xp home edition and have installed microsoft office xp...i am
having problems with my emal, outlook starts up and tells me it is unable to
open default e-mail folders and opens my computer files instead if i don't
accept the instruction to open my documents then it closes completely, i
cannot open the inbox,contacts, new mail or anything on the menue appart from
my computer files. The options are not on the menu so i can't configure any
email accounts and my import and export option has completely disapeard,
occasionally outlook tells me that it has detected another configured account
from outlook express and trys to import it, however it still don't work...i
have uninstalled outlook express and reinstalled it, repaired my office
installation and tryed again in vain, configured my firewall and turned off
my virus scanner yet the problem is still there...outlook gives me numerous
explanations ie unable to start processing services and tells me to try
again. i cannot get the e-mail to work in any of my office programs...i
tryed to run the fixmapi.exe in windows system 32 to creat my email files but
the program wont run...has anyone got the solution to this pain in the neck
cause i'm looking forward to getting outlook up and running

One would configure Outlook using the mail Icon in control panel.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE