Radeon 7000 Update

karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
Some of you remeber, but I tested out my Radeon 7000 card on some games Keep in mind, I was playing everything except CS on a network directly off of my brothers hard drive
Counter-Strike-- Ran at a very playable 35-50 FPS
Vice City-Didnt run at all, Missing some file thingy.
UT1-Very Very Playable
More are on the way, just tell me and I'll see what I can do. Heres a list of games of what I can test (hopefully)
Dungeon Siege, Warcraft III, CS2D, Diablo II, Starcraft,Halo, Mohaa, RON, Tribes 2, and Knights of the old republic, avp, Quake III Areana, command and conquer red alert, The sims (if you want), Age of Empires, and Jedia Acedmeny if you want.

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
i had a 7200 and hated it (though it was a step up from a Riva tnt2.) I just bought it cause I needed tv-out and it was cheap. I think the 7000 is better though but Tom's has an AGP comparison chart and the first one includes the 7000.

-----------------------
oh, its a nice day. TO EAT CHILDREN!!!

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
you have it backwards

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
Brand name whores are stupid!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Got you beat, I had a Radeon DDR. Actually it was a Radeon LE TVO DDR with modified BIOS at Radeon DDR speed. That made it an "underclocked 7500".

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pauldh

Illustrious
I have had a 32DDR, 32SDR, 7200 DDR and 7000 DDR. The 7000 is the slowest of the four. The others are basically equal with the SDR slightly behind.

Basically your 7000 does not support Hardware T&L. Software only. Try 3dmark2001se and see the messege you get. Anyway not that the old radeon 32 DDR is a capable gamer now, but the 7000 is one to avoid for sure for gaming.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt