Slow typing scroll speed in command prompt windows

Whenever I open an instance of cmd.exe and begin typing, the characters take
somewhat longer to appear on screen than my typing speed. Have tried
variations in the command buffer sizes and so forth in the cmd.exe
properties, but to no avail. Have also replaced the cmd.exe in system32 with
the same file from the servicepackfiles directory.

cmd.exe works fine, with a quick text scroll speed on another computer which
has older specs than this one.

As far as I can make out my computer is virus and spyware free. (Running
fully up to date versions of symantec antivirus and spybot s&d.)

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Linx" <Linx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99BB1AED-0B16-405E-A88E-E8E4B17F1446@microsoft.com...
> Whenever I open an instance of cmd.exe and begin typing, the characters take
> somewhat longer to appear on screen than my typing speed. Have tried
> variations in the command buffer sizes and so forth in the cmd.exe
> properties, but to no avail. Have also replaced the cmd.exe in system32 with
> the same file from the servicepackfiles directory.
>
> cmd.exe works fine, with a quick text scroll speed on another computer which
> has older specs than this one.
>
> As far as I can make out my computer is virus and spyware free. (Running
> fully up to date versions of symantec antivirus and spybot s&d.)

Thanks for the advice, but it seems that isnt the problem. There seems to be
some conflict with MS Word. I noticed that when I closed Outlook (a
background winword process starts at the same time as outlook) or any active
instances of word, my problem seemed to dissappear. Using the 'repair office
installation' or uninstalling and then reinstalling word seem to have only a
temporary effect.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Linx" <Linx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99BB1AED-0B16-405E-A88E-E8E4B17F1446@microsoft.com...
> > Whenever I open an instance of cmd.exe and begin typing, the characters take
> > somewhat longer to appear on screen than my typing speed. Have tried
> > variations in the command buffer sizes and so forth in the cmd.exe
> > properties, but to no avail. Have also replaced the cmd.exe in system32 with
> > the same file from the servicepackfiles directory.
> >
> > cmd.exe works fine, with a quick text scroll speed on another computer which
> > has older specs than this one.
> >
> > As far as I can make out my computer is virus and spyware free. (Running
> > fully up to date versions of symantec antivirus and spybot s&d.)

If you have the language bar running in the taskbar (properties, toolbars, check it to show it) you may have the mic listening for
speech input, causing a delay in typing. I suggest going to the "Regional and Language settings" applet in control panel Language
Tab, Details button, Preferences, Language Bar button put a check in the box to "turn off advanced text services"

--

"Linx" <Linx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D37587-A381-4182-823E-86766F303F5E@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the advice, but it seems that isnt the problem. There seems to be
> some conflict with MS Word. I noticed that when I closed Outlook (a
> background winword process starts at the same time as outlook) or any active
> instances of word, my problem seemed to dissappear. Using the 'repair office
> installation' or uninstalling and then reinstalling word seem to have only a
> temporary effect.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows
>> Server
>> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "Linx" <Linx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99BB1AED-0B16-405E-A88E-E8E4B17F1446@microsoft.com...
>> > Whenever I open an instance of cmd.exe and begin typing, the characters take
>> > somewhat longer to appear on screen than my typing speed. Have tried
>> > variations in the command buffer sizes and so forth in the cmd.exe
>> > properties, but to no avail. Have also replaced the cmd.exe in system32 with
>> > the same file from the servicepackfiles directory.
>> >
>> > cmd.exe works fine, with a quick text scroll speed on another computer which
>> > has older specs than this one.
>> >
>> > As far as I can make out my computer is virus and spyware free. (Running
>> > fully up to date versions of symantec antivirus and spybot s&d.)

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be helping.