HELP = Grafix Slo-Down?

RichPLS

Champion
I have a X800XT PE AGP version, and have recently enabled dual monitor option.
Movies look good on display 2, while I surf/work on display 1.

Observation, when using WMP-10, I notice that 3D graphics are are slowed noticably on display 2, but if I simply drag WMP over to display 1, graphics are slick and smooth. I drag it back to display 2, noticable slodown again...

Anyone have an explanation of this.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
something to do with DVI - VGA refresh rate ????

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/Finger.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

RichPLS

Champion
Both displays are CRT's with 1280x1024@85mhz.
Though the faster display is display 1 and passes throu a DVI-VGA connector.
The slow display is display 2 which is native VGA...

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
so faster is on DVI
and slower one is on VGA ?

come on the irc

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/Finger.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

Which one appears as primary in your drivers?

May be the alotment of resources.

Strange I would've though the DVI one would be slow as it has a lower max point than the DB-15.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

RichPLS

Champion
The DVI w/VGA adapter was auto config'd as display one, or at least that is what I had hooked up originally.
I added the VGA display 2 few days ago.

This is my first experience with a dual monitor setup.
But like I said, movies play fine on display 2, so does non graphic intesive apps, Email, browser, but WMP 10 dispaying graphics is jerky.