Recycle bin icon appears full, but it's empty

There is nothing in my recycle bin, but it has the "full" icon. How can I
correct this?

A.J. wrote:
> *There is nothing in my recycle bin, but it has the "full" icon. How
> can I
> correct this? *

Right Click Desktop, Porperties, Desktop, Customize Desktop.
Left Click a RecycleBin Icon, Click Restore Default for each Icon.
Might work.

--
wahlroot

johnf

If it's just started doing that, put a redundant file in the recycle bin,
then empty the bin. That usually clears it.

--

johnf

> There is nothing in my recycle bin, but it has the "full" icon. How can
> I correct this?

well this happened to me and i put an empty folder in it then right clicked recycle bin and "emptied" it not delete the single folder.

PS: i tried to be as specific as possible so it will have the most chance of working for you.

webmaster83

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Hi,
Here is a new thought: If you are using an "add-on" file shredder like Eraser or similar, please uninstall it, and then re-install it. This should solve your problem. I have helped a few people with this.
Regards,
Ace