Locked out of my documents

May 18, 2005 7:42:04 PM

Ok i was having some problems with my computer so i just took a new hard
drive that i had gotten a while ago and installed windows. so now that i have
it installed i took the older hard drive pluged it and when i try to open
the my documents it says access is dendied. please help

More about : locked documents

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 8:41:36 PM

the way the MVP suggested is better, but i'll add that I solved the
same prob by using partition magic to convert it to fat32. it worked.
I just needed to access the folders, i didn't need that drive to have
ntfs capabilities like > 4GB files or securiuty. the ntfs security
thing was just an extra hassle
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 9:51:44 PM

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User