Video card problem?

karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
I just installed DirectX 9 on my computer, and it asked for a restart. So I did. It started to restart, and the moniter went blank. Just that little annoying orange light thingy. I didnt change anything (other than DirectX), so it should be working. I tried 2 different video cards, one PCI and one AGP card, with no avail. I also tried 2 different moniters, with no avail. I also noticed that my on board USB mouse didnt turn on like it usely did... The cpu fan, case fan, and hard drive are all starting up, along with my network card. I have a 430 WATT Powersupply that powered everything until now.
I have a
AMD Athlon 2500 + Mobile (running at 200 FSB)
512 PC3100 RAM
ATI Radeon 7000, or an ATI Rage Pro PCI
4 GB Quantium Fireball.

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If your USB mouse isn't turning on properly, it could be a damaged power supply.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>