Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is Quad-core AMD A8-3530M processor good for gaming

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 19, 2012 9:21:28 AM

Hi i was just wondering if Quad-core AMD A8-3530M processor is good for gaming please help! :bounce: 
a b 4 Gaming
a c 118 À AMD
a c 433 D Laptop
August 19, 2012 4:00:19 PM

If you are simply relying on integrated graphics, then the A8-3530m's IGP would be than Intel's HD 4000 IGP.

Does that mean the A8-3530m is good for games? Depends on how high or low your expectations are. Integrated graphics are still weak compared to discrete graphic cards.
a b 4 Gaming
a b D Laptop
August 19, 2012 4:05:51 PM

jaguarskx said:
If you are simply relying on integrated graphics, then the A8-3530m's IGP would be better than Intel's HD 4000 IGP.

Does that mean the A8-3530m is good for games? Depends on how high or low your expectations are. Integrated graphics are still weak compared to discrete graphic cards.


Fixed it for ya. Also, the A8 can do Crossfire with some discrete Radeon cards, so it can be used to increase the speed of a discrete crd, making it useful even with a discrete card whereas the HD 4000 IGP can't work in unison with a discrete card, it can just disable itself to save power.
Related resources
August 19, 2012 5:03:06 PM

Benchmarks have shown that the A8s and Upcoming A10s perform well in even newer games with reduced settings and resolution if your not too picky, plenty of fast RAM helps alot. id wait for "trinity" witch is supposed to perform even better and use less power (if you care about that sort of thing) and theres the crossfire thing the gentelman above mentioned.
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b D Laptop
August 19, 2012 5:11:11 PM

hella-d said:
Benchmarks have shown that the A8s and Upcoming A10s perform well in even newer games with reduced settings and resolution if your not too picky, plenty of fast RAM helps alot. id wait for "trinity" witch is supposed to perform even better and use less power (if you care about that sort of thing) and theres the crossfire thing the gentelman above mentioned.



trinity already exists for laptops for a long while now. only the desktop varients were delayed,
August 19, 2012 5:32:14 PM

dudewitbow said:
trinity already exists for laptops for a long while now. only the desktop varients were delayed,


wasnt aware of that, you get the point though huh?, lol, seriously though thank you, i stand corrected :) 
August 19, 2012 7:11:31 PM

The most i can spend is £400 because it is my birthday on 27 august and my mum said the mosts is £400 so if there is any better gaming laptops for that price or cheaper just tell me!
a b 4 Gaming
a b D Laptop
August 19, 2012 7:15:54 PM

Trinity/Llano APU based laptops are almost definitely the best that you're likely to find at that price. I live in the USA, so I can't help a whole lot with your pricing, but I can give you comparisons of laptops that are suggested.
August 19, 2012 7:15:58 PM

Thank you very much!
a b 4 Gaming
a b D Laptop
August 19, 2012 7:19:27 PM

Glad to help.
!