Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

There was no sound coming from my computer. I run windows XP. When i opened
my device manager i noticed a yellow exclamation point next to my sound card,
which is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio device. I uninstalled the driver then
reinstalling hoping this would correct the problem, but it did not! I then
went and downloaded the driver that came on my computer and it did not work
as well. Finally i went to SigmaTel and downloaded the corresponding driver
for my sound card and it STILL does NOT work. What should i do from here?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!
--
Brian

Who manufactured the computer (Dell?) Use the driver from the OEM.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=418748

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There was no sound coming from my computer. I run windows XP. When i
> opened
> my device manager i noticed a yellow exclamation point next to my sound
> card,
> which is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio device. I uninstalled the driver then
> reinstalling hoping this would correct the problem, but it did not! I
> then
> went and downloaded the driver that came on my computer and it did not
> work
> as well. Finally i went to SigmaTel and downloaded the corresponding
> driver
> for my sound card and it STILL does NOT work. What should i do from here?
> ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!
> --
> Brian

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks Jon, It happens to be a gateway computer and i tried to download the
driver from that site, it didnt work
--
Brian