X300-11S to X305-Q708 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerotkev

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Calling all laptop modders!

I currently have a slightly more than standard Qosmio X300-11S. What I want to try and do is make the american behemoth counterpart which is a X305-Q708.

Sounds insane but I reckon I'm halfway to doing it.

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=UK&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&PRODUCT_ID=1056666&BV_Script=/jsp/fixup/productPage

I've already replaced the RAM from 2GB to 8GB 1333MHz matched. I've replaced the 9700M GS to a 9800M GT. The slightly "pants" P8600 has gone in favour of a QX9100 ES Quad Core Extreme Unlocked running at 2.7GHz.

I'm currently in the middle of ordering 2 x 256GB SSD SATA III drives.

The stumbling block upon which I have erm . . . stumbled upon?! is the fact of cooling. For those that don't know about Qosmio's, especially the X3-- series is they get notoriously hot. I want to add another 9800M GT and be shown how to set it inside for SLI, I also need to try and find the quad core heatsink which we don't have here in the UK.
Finally I'd like to replace the way-too-average LCD to a LCD/LED full HD panel and the Dual Layer drive to at least a BluRay reader as found on the AlienWare lappys.

Any help on this rather perplexing project would be insanely grateful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.