Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Recently had to remove some spyware, etc. After that, every time I power up
my computer, it comes up with a blue screen and does a chk dsk (no problems
noted), then it finishes powering up, then that little yellow icon pops up
and says""File or Directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\programs\Accesories\Communication is corrupt and unreadable" run chk dsk.

That and my background picture disappears and I only have a white
background, everything else seems fine.

Except everytime I also get a message that says the system has recovered
from a serious error and to send that message to Microsoft.

Please any help on what to do???

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim

Run an Upgrade setup, to repair the files.
If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

"jimbo22" wrote:
> Recently had to remove some spyware, etc. After that, every
> time I power up
> my computer, it comes up with a blue screen and does a chk dsk
> (no problems
> noted), then it finishes powering up, then that little yellow
> icon pops up
> and says""File or Directory C:Documents and SettingsAll
> UsersStart
> MenuprogramsAccesoriesCommunication is corrupt and
> unreadable" run chk dsk.
>
> That and my background picture disappears and I only have a
> white
> background, everything else seems fine.
>
> Except everytime I also get a message that says the system has
> recovered
> from a serious error and to send that message to Microsoft.
>
> Please any help on what to do???
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
> --
> Jim

What program did you use to remove it? I normally use Spyware Doctor
as it’s one of the best out there.

Have you deleted your Temp files since? You may have to boot from
your CD and choose a repair option to fix any corruption you may have.

Try a defrag as well when your system is up and running.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-corrupt-file-chkdsk-ftopict374641.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217583