getting rid of a program that is in me add remove program ..

I got this program called hacker smacker and i forgot the pass that i put in
and i dont want it it wont go.... Help

"brucestillhere" <brucestillhere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got this program called hacker smacker and i forgot the pass that i put
>in
> and i dont want it it wont go.... Help

See the following link for instructions:

http://www.pcsecurityshield.com/support/faq/category.asp?a=4&q=29

Kerry

Run XP advanced setup, and install XP to a new folder, taking 'ownership' of your old data. (You will need to reinstall all apps)

HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Run XP advanced setup, and install XP to a new folder, taking 'ownership'
> of your old data. (You will need to reinstall all apps)
>
> HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421

This is probably the worst advice I have ever seen posted. DO NOT FOLLOW
THIS ADVICE. It will in no way solve your problem. It will waste a lot of
time and cause you a lot more problems. To uninstall Hacker Smacker see the
following link:

"brucestillhere" wrote:
> I got this program called hacker smacker and i forgot the pass
> that i put in
> and i dont want it it wont go.... Help

First you can delete the directory that it went in under Program Files
or wherever it exists.

Second, run a scan for Spyware and see if it can be removed with this
some parts of it might still exist afterwards.

If you want to remove from your Add/Remove list and it won’t disappear
from here, you can go into the registry and find it (I think), under:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall

If I’ve not got the right location, search for the prog in the
registry until you find the Uninstall key, and then remove.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-rid-program-add-remove-program-list-ftopict374643.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217582