Problem with my Windows Update.....

i go to CONTROL PANEL and click on WINDOWS UPDATE... it takes me to this
website:
http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us

but then it doesn't check my computer for new updates... i guess i checked a
box that i wasn't supposed to at one time and now my computer wont let it
access the net...

any advice??

thanks...........
1 answer Last reply
More about problem windows update

    You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Smed" <gsx1300r_busa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:mnTie.4994$S4.3449@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
    >i go to CONTROL PANEL and click on WINDOWS UPDATE... it takes me to this website:
    > http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us
    >
    > but then it doesn't check my computer for new updates... i guess i checked a box that i wasn't supposed to at one time and now my
    > computer wont let it access the net...
    >
    > any advice??
    >
    > thanks...........

Control Panel Computers Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP