Connecting Asus Router 500g to Access point 300g

I like to connect a (wireless) desktop with a (wireless) laptop. As
the distance is too long, I bought both a Router and an Access point.
The Access point supposed to bring the signal further up (literally).

However the system is not working.
If I bring the laptop, desktop and router in one room, it all works.
But when I take the laptop out of the room, it is all over.

Any tips? I read things about DHCP and NAT. Anything to do with that?

Thanks very much! (I already spent a day, including an hour or so with
the helpdesk).

Robert
r.vandeijck@chello.nl
2 answers Last reply
More about connecting asus router 500g access point 300g

    robert <r.vandeijck@chello.nl> wrote in

    > However the system is not working.

    Did you turn on WDS (Wireless distribution system?)

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

    On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:29:27 GMT, Lucas Tam <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com>
    wrote:

    >robert <r.vandeijck@chello.nl> wrote in
    >
    >> However the system is not working.
    >
    >Did you turn on WDS (Wireless distribution system?)

    I used the hybrid mode (on both systems)

Wireless Routers Laptops Wireless Networking