I have some problems with windows update, I cant download the security
patches and show me a window with this error 0x802400030, How can I solved
It Thank you.

Hi Lorenzo,

Disable all Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and try again. If that does
not help, walk through the steps provided in this archived thread:

http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/1c5bc9798fd70573?hl=en

Suggestion 1:

The error your receiving is [Error number: 0x80240030:
WU_E_INVALID_PROXY_SERVER, one suggestion is to verify and correct your
proxy server configuration. You may need to verify your proxy server
configuration with your administrator. Please verify the correct "Proxy
server name" for this entry in Internet Explorer LAN settings and the port
setting should set to port "80".

Can you please provide the proxy and port you have specified in the settings
below.

How to verify Internet Explorer LAN setting :

.. Open your Internet Explorer browser
.. Choose Tools, Internet Options
.. Uncheck the two check boxes with reference to automatically detect
settings and Use automatic configuration script
.. Under the Proxy server section select the check box "Use a proxy server"
.. Please verify that you are using " Proxy Server Name " as the proxy server
and port "80", add this if blank!
.. Select the Advanced button and select the check box "Use the same proxy
server for all protocols" and click on OK
.. Check the box that says: "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" and
click on OK
.. Close your browser session
.. Restart your workstation one last time
.. Open an IE browser session and connect to your site

Suggestion 2:
--------------
If you have a proxy server can you add the Windows update site to the
trusted list. and you can : Enable "Use http 1.1 through proxy connections"
IE Browser...

.. Open your Internet Explorer browser
.. Choose Tools, Internet Options
.. Under the Advance tab, select the Settings button
.. Under the HTTP 1.1 settings
.. Choose Enable "Use http 1.1 through Proxy connections"
.. Click Ok

Suggestion 3:
Add the following URLs to the Trusted Zone in Internet Explorer

http://*.windowsupdate.microso­ft.com
https://*.windowsupdate.micros­oft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.­com

--