Multipoint WiFi with D-Link DLW2000AP+

spike

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2003

Have three Dlink AP's and want to create a distance
network with "hopping":

Point A is main base with AP joined direct into LAN
Point B is aprox 100m away "A" and can see "A" & "C"
Point C is aprox 100m away from "B", 200m away from "A" and can see only "B"

I want "C" to be able to talk to "A" but data will have to "hop" via "B"
(or any other AP which gives best signal route) as it cannot see "A" direct.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MS

spikenet2000@yahoo.co.uk (Spike) wrote in news:584b317f.0404061404.11dcbdc3
@posting.google.com:

> Any ideas?

Add an antenna?

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

spike

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2003

Lucas Tam <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94C3C1DBE1D13nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>...
> spikenet2000@yahoo.co.uk (Spike) wrote in news:584b317f.0404061404.11dcbdc3
> @posting.google.com:
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Add an antenna?

Sorry - forgot to mention that. Have high-gain omni-directional antennas
on all units.

The problem I have is "C" cannot see "A" - probably due to the huge concrete
building in the way for a direct link.

Want to have the signal route from C to A via B (which can see all).

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"Spike" <spikenet2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Have three Dlink AP's and want to create a distance
> network with "hopping":
>
> Point A is main base with AP joined direct into LAN
> Point B is aprox 100m away "A" and can see "A" & "C"
> Point C is aprox 100m away from "B", 200m away from "A" and can see only
"B"

> I want "C" to be able to talk to "A" but data will have to "hop" via "B"
> (or any other AP which gives best signal route) as it cannot see "A"
direct.

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>

> MS

They do have wlan amp's, couple that with a nice high gain antenna, LOS and
make sure there arent any bright yellow box vans running around town with
antenna arrays on the roof.. or Amp/lower gain ant :D

> Want to have the signal route from C to A via B (which can see all).

So right now, C cannot ping machines on A at all?

--

Lucas Tam <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94C47E0FF8D2Cnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>...
> spikenet2000@yahoo.co.uk (Spike) wrote in
>
> > Want to have the signal route from C to A via B (which can see all).
>
> So right now, C cannot ping machines on A at all?

All three are currently set as Access Points though, having done some
reading, believe that they may need setting as "point to multipoint"
bridges". Cannot find much documentation on this, particulary
from the manufacturer, D Link.

There is no way C will see A - the building in the way is over 40ft high
and built of 1m thick reinforced concrete walls.

IE:

"*" being building.

Am I going right direction looking at point-to-multipoint or is there
a simple solution with IP configs that will make them continue as access
points also?

Thanks

MS