Need igfxcpl.cpl to upgrade to professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

have a Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition. When I tried to
upgrate to XP Professional, an error message showed that the
installation can not find the igfxcpl.cpl file from
Windows\Drivers\Intel\Graphics­.

I then found and copied a igfxcpl.cpl file from a Toshiba Satellite
laptop. However, at the end of the Windows set up, an eror message
showed a probelm with the newly installed software.

How do I get a correct igfxcpl.cpl filr for my Compaq? The Intex web
site does not have a download for igfxcpl.cpl.

TIA.

Jeffrey

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

you need to go to compaqs website and download and install the correct driver
--
there are no problems, just challenges

"cjeffwang@gmail.com" wrote:

> have a Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition. When I tried to
> upgrate to XP Professional, an error message showed that the
> installation can not find the igfxcpl.cpl file from
> Windows\Drivers\Intel\Graphics­.
>

> I then found and copied a igfxcpl.cpl file from a Toshiba Satellite
> laptop. However, at the end of the Windows set up, an eror message
> showed a probelm with the newly installed software.
>

> How do I get a correct igfxcpl.cpl filr for my Compaq? The Intex web
> site does not have a download for igfxcpl.cpl.
>

> TIA.
>

> Jeffrey

Thank you for the information. I just went to Compaq web site. There
are some graphic drive downloads, but I don't know which one is for
igfxcpl.cpl. Then I search igfxcpl.cpl download for Presario. No such

download available.

Can you provide more instruction? Thanks.

a3gkd

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
igfxcpl.cpl is the control panel for an Intel Graphics Driver. First go to INTEL'S website. www.intel.com Then go to their automatic update tool. I believe it's under their downloads tab. Make sure Java Script is enabled on your browser. So, you should run their update tool, which will find any Intel drivers on your computer. Then it will show you a list of Intel drivers to update. Then you can download the update and be done!

However, if the driver is already updated, you can copy and paste the name of the driver in their search bar and look for a download. Download it and your done!

However, IF the updater says the driver was made specifically for your computer and therefore it's best not to install a generic driver, you would then have to go to Compaq's site and type in the name of your computer in their search bar. You should then get a link to a page showing you all the drivers included with your computer. Go to the page and scroll down to the downloads for graphics drivers. Download it and your done!

Hope this helps!