Hershey Park arcade

Hey I was at Hershey Park on Monday and I went inside one of their
arcades and was blown away by all the classics i saw. You ready for
this? Berzerk, Marble Madness, Qberts Cubes, Indy Jones, Toobin, 720,
Cockpit After Burner, Mr Do, Millipede, Time Pilot, and plenty more.

drew

ooooooo...uhhhhhh......jeez I dont remember. It wasnt near the
entrance, thats for sure. But it was a huge one. I'll be back there
plenty of times this year and make a note of it.

drew

Was this the arcade near Great Bear?

The one near the entrance to the park never seems to be open.

<spokexx@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey I was at Hershey Park on Monday and I went inside one of their
> arcades and was blown away by all the classics i saw. You ready for
> this? Berzerk, Marble Madness, Qberts Cubes, Indy Jones, Toobin, 720,
> Cockpit After Burner, Mr Do, Millipede, Time Pilot, and plenty more.
>

> drew

Was this the arcade near Great Bear?

The one near the entrance to the park never seems to be open.

<spokexx@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey I was at Hershey Park on Monday and I went inside one of their
> arcades and was blown away by all the classics i saw. You ready for
> this? Berzerk, Marble Madness, Qberts Cubes, Indy Jones, Toobin, 720,
> Cockpit After Burner, Mr Do, Millipede, Time Pilot, and plenty more.
>

> drew

I'll be there on June 8!

Bill

> ooooooo...uhhhhhh......jeez I dont remember. It wasnt near the
> entrance, thats for sure. But it was a huge one. I'll be back there
> plenty of times this year and make a note of it.
>
> drew

Yes, it worked. I saw a kid playing it. Would much rather have the
cockpit than my upright. I Swear Ive never seen those classic games in
any arcade in Hershey Park before. Ive only seen cranes, Skee Ball and
new school simulators. I wonder if they were put in this year or have
they always been in there. Did they catch on to the retro trend?

Nice, a cockpit afterburner, did it actually work is the question? I have
recent pics of the cedar point arcade if anyone needs them, there are some
older games in there as well such as a sega space tactics cockpit, they look
nicely maintained as well.

I also have pics of the disneyquest arcade, tons of nice condition classics
and all the non redemption arcade games are on free play since arcade games
are included in the admission price.

--
Email me at "iride4899yahoo.com" (insert "@" before yahoo to reply) , my box
is always opened to questions.

The classsics have been there for years, I would guess that since
they were new. They used to have a lot more classics. I remember
that at one point they had 2 joust 2's, and a bunch of the old EM type
games. They used to have 3 seperate arcades and the classics were
split between them. This year they changed the one arcade into
something else and moved all the games into the larger arcade by the
Great Bear.

They also have: Discs of Tron, Spy Hunter, Space Tactics, Red Baron
(I think), Dragon's Lair, Track and field.

On 1 Jun 2005 11:06:51 -0700, spokexx@gmail.com wrote:

>Yes, it worked. I saw a kid playing it. Would much rather have the
>cockpit than my upright. I Swear Ive never seen those classic games in
>any arcade in Hershey Park before. Ive only seen cranes, Skee Ball and
>new school simulators. I wonder if they were put in this year or have
>they always been in there. Did they catch on to the retro trend?

Yes!! Now I remember. Discs of Tron and Dragons Lair were there too
like you said Rich. As well as 4 player table top Track & Field (the
second one Ive ever seen after mine ;)
Yeah, I was in there for about 30 mins. Played Marble Madness even
though I own one HA!!! Hey, I got high score. giddy up

Having the classics there is probably a smart idea not only for hershey but
for other theme parks since a lot of older people dont necessarily like all
the amusement rides there, they might go on one or 2 rides and then look for
something to do, and at that point they wander into the arcade.

The problem with having a decent arcade in a theme park (if your me) is
deciding whether you want to play the games or ride the rides first!!!