Tech: Defender cocktail

Picked up one and it had jailbars on the monitor
Changed all the electrolytic caps and they are still there
Help
Monitor is a Wells-gardner 13K4713

Does the game play blind and coin up and everything?
~eric

Andre

sounds like a CPU board problem. A good place to start is to try a new
6809ep cpu chip and also check the cpu socket.

Andre
www.arcadesolution.com

"Arnie C" <carby@att.net> wrote in message
> Picked up one and it had jailbars on the monitor
> Changed all the electrolytic caps and they are still there
> Help
> Monitor is a Wells-gardner 13K4713

Game works fine
The monitor does the same thing in my Stargate
Something in the monitor

"Andre" <rhombus2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> sounds like a CPU board problem. A good place to start is to try a new
> 6809ep cpu chip and also check the cpu socket.
>
> Andre
> www.arcadesolution.com
>

> "Arnie C" <carby@att.net> wrote in message
> > Picked up one and it had jailbars on the monitor
> > Changed all the electrolytic caps and they are still there
> > Help
> > Monitor is a Wells-gardner 13K4713

Not that it's a big help or anything but sometimes connections to the
cards etc are bad due to cracked solder joints on these monitors.
~eric