cursor has background horizintal lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
ideas out there?

Use MS signed drivers for the Logitech... I do for mine and I have an ATI
Radeon 9600XT, works fine.

"MrCADman" wrote:

> System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
> active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
> square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
> making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
> drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
> Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
> ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
> and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
> ideas out there?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"MrCADman" wrote:

> System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
> active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
> square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
> making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
> drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
> Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
> ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
> and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
> ideas out there?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

My XP has suddenly developed similar occurance. I get vertical green lines
behind cursor. Not sure yet when this occurs, seems to be random.

"MrCADman" wrote:

> System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
> active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
> square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
> making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
> drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
> Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
> ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
> and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
> ideas out there?

Alan

I've had a One inch square black bar, looks like a bar code that replaces the
pointer inside each window. It happens on excel, word, and OE. It is
intermittent. The side bars of the window appear out of alignment by 1/8 of
an inch. Makes me wonder if the monitor is the cause. I have XP home, a MS
optical blue mouse and a Compaq V 710 monitor. The square reverts to an arrow
up at the task bars. Sound familiar?
--
Alan Shop

"MrCADman" wrote:

> System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
> active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
> square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
> making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
> drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
> Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
> ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
> and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
> ideas out there?

I'm also having this problem - did you find a fix?

"Alan" wrote:

> I've had a One inch square black bar, looks like a bar code that replaces the
> pointer inside each window. It happens on excel, word, and OE. It is
> intermittent. The side bars of the window appear out of alignment by 1/8 of
> an inch. Makes me wonder if the monitor is the cause. I have XP home, a MS
> optical blue mouse and a Compaq V 710 monitor. The square reverts to an arrow
> up at the task bars. Sound familiar?
> --
> Alan Shop
>

> "MrCADman" wrote:
>
> > System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
> > active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
> > square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
> > making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
> > drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
> > Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
> > ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
> > and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
> > ideas out there?

dbaum

I have the same problem as well. I have had a Dell Dimension 4600 for about 3 years and have not had a problem with it until now. When I first turn on my PC, at the Windows XP logo screen, there are a lot of blue boxes/squares that show up. At the login screen, everything goes away but I have a black lines both above and below my cursor. Need help ASAP

dbaum

I have the same problem as well. I have had a Dell Dimension 4600 for about 3 years and have not had a problem with it until now. When I first turn on my PC, at the Windows XP logo screen, there are a lot of blue boxes/squares that show up. At the login screen, everything goes away but I have a black lines both above and below my cursor. Need help ASAP

Closefe

I have suddenly had similar - five small boxes underneath the cursor on my MAC. I read the thread (going back to 2005) but did anyone ever find a solution? Did it go away? Did anyone identify a cause? Is it/was it innocent or did your machines suddenly crash one day?

Frank