Closed

cursor has background horizintal lines

System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
ideas out there?
10 answers Last reply
More about cursor background horizintal lines

    Use MS signed drivers for the Logitech... I do for mine and I have an ATI
    Radeon 9600XT, works fine.

    "MrCADman" wrote:

    > System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
    > active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
    > square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
    > making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
    > drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
    > Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
    > ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
    > and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
    > ideas out there?

    My XP has suddenly developed similar occurance. I get vertical green lines
    behind cursor. Not sure yet when this occurs, seems to be random.

    "MrCADman" wrote:

    > System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
    > active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
    > square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
    > making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
    > drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
    > Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
    > ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
    > and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
    > ideas out there?

    I've had a One inch square black bar, looks like a bar code that replaces the
    pointer inside each window. It happens on excel, word, and OE. It is
    intermittent. The side bars of the window appear out of alignment by 1/8 of
    an inch. Makes me wonder if the monitor is the cause. I have XP home, a MS
    optical blue mouse and a Compaq V 710 monitor. The square reverts to an arrow
    up at the task bars. Sound familiar?
    --
    Alan Shop

    "MrCADman" wrote:

    > System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
    > active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
    > square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
    > making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
    > drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
    > Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
    > ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
    > and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
    > ideas out there?

    I'm also having this problem - did you find a fix?

    "Alan" wrote:

    > I've had a One inch square black bar, looks like a bar code that replaces the
    > pointer inside each window. It happens on excel, word, and OE. It is
    > intermittent. The side bars of the window appear out of alignment by 1/8 of
    > an inch. Makes me wonder if the monitor is the cause. I have XP home, a MS
    > optical blue mouse and a Compaq V 710 monitor. The square reverts to an arrow
    > up at the task bars. Sound familiar?
    > --
    > Alan Shop
    >

    > "MrCADman" wrote:
    >
    > > System has developed a strange effect to mouse pointers. When it enters
    > > active application window eg Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD, the cursor has a
    > > square of horozontal black lines behind it so partially obscuring the pointer
    > > making it difficult to select/draw. Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with up to date
    > > drivers - all other software have been updated including Wacom Tablet and
    > > Logitech Trackman Marble. ATI have drawn a blank. Have totally removed all
    > > ATI software from Directory and reinstalled. Various hardware disconnected
    > > and have tried different resolutions/refresh rates but problem persists. Any
    > > ideas out there?
  6. I have the same problem as well. I have had a Dell Dimension 4600 for about 3 years and have not had a problem with it until now. When I first turn on my PC, at the Windows XP logo screen, there are a lot of blue boxes/squares that show up. At the login screen, everything goes away but I have a black lines both above and below my cursor. Need help ASAP
  7. I have the same problem as well. I have had a Dell Dimension 4600 for about 3 years and have not had a problem with it until now. When I first turn on my PC, at the Windows XP logo screen, there are a lot of blue boxes/squares that show up. At the login screen, everything goes away but I have a black lines both above and below my cursor. Need help ASAP
  8. I have suddenly had similar - five small boxes underneath the cursor on my MAC. I read the thread (going back to 2005) but did anyone ever find a solution? Did it go away? Did anyone identify a cause? Is it/was it innocent or did your machines suddenly crash one day?

    Frank
  9. Necropost
  10. Necropost.

Windows XP