Application popup: regedit.exe - DLL Initialization Failed

I wondered if it writes to the reg. I ask this because I sometimes get an
error message when the computer shuts down (error message below). I do get
this on my other computer and one of the few things the computers share in
common is the router.

Application popup: regedit.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application
failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

Any help and information would be great.

NIK
2 answers Last reply
More about application popup regedit initialization failed

    I missed a bit out

    I have a router (voyager 2100) and I wondered if it writes to the reg

    NIK

    "nicholas hall" <niknik1971NOSPAM@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I wondered if it writes to the reg. I ask this because I sometimes get an
    > error message when the computer shuts down (error message below). I do get
    > this on my other computer and one of the few things the computers share in
    > common is the router.
    >
    > Application popup: regedit.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The
    > application
    > failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.
    >
    > Any help and information would be great.
    >
    > NIK

    Routers don't write information to you computer's registry, but viruses,
    worms, Trojans, spyware and malware all do, especially when shutting down to
    make entries to restart themselves when you boot back up, to disable
    firewalls or virus/worm scanning software.

    Suggest you go to an online virus scanning site, download and install
    AdAware and SpyBot and find the culprit.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "nicholas hall" <niknik1971NOSPAM@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I wondered if it writes to the reg. I ask this because I sometimes get an
    > error message when the computer shuts down (error message below). I do get
    > this on my other computer and one of the few things the computers share in
    > common is the router.
    >
    > Application popup: regedit.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The
    > application
    > failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.
    >
    > Any help and information would be great.
    >
    > NIK

Support Regedit Error Message Windows XP