WAS: Contest & Reward name the new Multi-Pac

Last response: in Video Games
May 31, 2005 11:59:14 PM

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

What a contest! Great ideas and good jokes abounded. I've been
following the thread and thinking about some early favorites, but there
can be only one winner:

The name we picked is easy to remember and search, it's also an
acronym.

The winner is: MAD Pac posted on 5/20 at 4:57 pm by J. Peterman

J. Peterman May 20, 4:57 pm show options

From: "J. Peterman" <junkman...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this
author
Date: 20 May 2005 13:57:56 -0700

MAD Pac (Mike and Dave's Pac)

J.

He will receive a MAD Pac free of charge and everyone else that
participated and would like to order a kit will get free Priority Mail
shipping on their order.

We'll still continue to offer the 96 in 1 since it's a lower cost
option and also supports a variety of boards by the way. Pricing and
delivery will be announced for the MAD Pac here on the newsgroup in the
next few days. You can also email me at kilkeeslps at aol . com for
pics and details on the new kit.

Thanks to everyone that participated, the ideas were impressive and a
blast to read through.

Mike Doyle
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 7:34:53 AM

syncbus@gmail.com wrote:

> WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
>
> What a contest! Great ideas and good jokes abounded. I've been
> following the thread and thinking about some early favorites, but there
> can be only one winner:
>
> The name we picked is easy to remember and search, it's also an
> acronym.
>
> The winner is: MAD Pac posted on 5/20 at 4:57 pm by J. Peterman
>
> J. Peterman May 20, 4:57 pm show options
>
> From: "J. Peterman" <junkman...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this
> author
> Date: 20 May 2005 13:57:56 -0700
>
> MAD Pac (Mike and Dave's Pac)
>
> J.
>
> He will receive a MAD Pac free of charge and everyone else that
> participated and would like to order a kit will get free Priority Mail
> shipping on their order.
>
> We'll still continue to offer the 96 in 1 since it's a lower cost
> option and also supports a variety of boards by the way. Pricing and
> delivery will be announced for the MAD Pac here on the newsgroup in the
> next few days. You can also email me at kilkeeslps at aol . com for
> pics and details on the new kit.
>
> Thanks to everyone that participated, the ideas were impressive and a
> blast to read through.
>
> Mike Doyle

Fool! You could have picked my name: " ICE PAC " and you would have
made MILLIONS! Now you have to wallow in thousands...tisk tisk.

-Mike;)
June 1, 2005 7:34:54 AM

The name Mad Pac blows.One of the worst one's you could have picked.I
wouldn't buy one now just because i don't like that lousy name for it.Good
luck.Bad choice.
"MikeM." <arcademan@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> syncbus@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
>>
>> What a contest! Great ideas and good jokes abounded. I've been
>> following the thread and thinking about some early favorites, but there
>> can be only one winner:
>>
>> The name we picked is easy to remember and search, it's also an
>> acronym.
>>
>> The winner is: MAD Pac posted on 5/20 at 4:57 pm by J. Peterman
>>
>> J. Peterman May 20, 4:57 pm show options
>>
>> From: "J. Peterman" <junkman...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this
>> author
>> Date: 20 May 2005 13:57:56 -0700
>>
>> MAD Pac (Mike and Dave's Pac)
>>
>> J.
>>
>> He will receive a MAD Pac free of charge and everyone else that
>> participated and would like to order a kit will get free Priority Mail
>> shipping on their order.
>>
>> We'll still continue to offer the 96 in 1 since it's a lower cost
>> option and also supports a variety of boards by the way. Pricing and
>> delivery will be announced for the MAD Pac here on the newsgroup in the
>> next few days. You can also email me at kilkeeslps at aol . com for
>> pics and details on the new kit.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone that participated, the ideas were impressive and a
>> blast to read through.
>>
>> Mike Doyle
>

> Fool! You could have picked my name: " ICE PAC " and you would have
> made MILLIONS! Now you have to wallow in thousands...tisk tisk.
>
> -Mike;)

June 1, 2005 8:20:03 AM

I'm sure you'll get a lot of second guessing, but I'm just curious what you
found compelling about MAD PAC.

Dane.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:23:14 AM

Never mind !

When I read the other announcement, I caught the reference to "Mike And
Dave's" PAC.

I guess that's better than DAM PAC ("Dave and Mike's").

:-P
Dane.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 9:51:25 AM

I kinda started to go towards to acronyms myself (I think I was the
first one to use them) Because there where too many nursery rhymes
comming out and it needed to encompass the entire system as a whole.

This was another reason I really tried to put out a few suggestions
that *didn't* include "Pac" in the name. That and I reconsidered
copywrite infringement on "Pac" as well (Have not yet looked at the
copywrites on the name "Pac" but you may want to.

There just seem to be so many other games included on this one *other*
then pacman. So I tried to put a few things out there that encompassed
the system as a whole.

Thus I don't necessarily think my suggestions should have been picked
when I say this, but I do think you needed to research the copywrites
better and try and focus on the system as a whole.

I appreciate the opportunity to compete and would like to congratulate
the winner. I myself never win anything. Unless you count that Scream 3
t-shirt I won at the movie premier YEARS ago.. ehich incidently I lost
3 days later before I even got to wear it =(

Thanks though. I hope the kit will be within my budget. I would like
to sample it myself.

- Matt
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:20:08 PM

I'm sure Mike and Dave are heartbroken.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 12:47:01 AM

There were several others that we liked such as: Jam Pac, Back Pac,
Endless Pac and even Ice Pac but it would have been impossible to use
them in a search engine if someone was looking for info.

Mad Pac is search-able and easy to remember. Even the 96 in 1 can be
tough to search depending on how it's written, we didn't want to repeat
that with the new kit.

Mike Doyle
!