Who repairs WG4900 chassis pcb's?

I must have about 3 or 4 of these boards, all bad. Does anyone repair
these?

I do.. but considering worst case (flyback - 25.00 + shipping) and
you'll want to cap it (cap kit - 9.00) and what I would charge to fix
it? PLUS shipping both ways?

Cheaper to buy a brand new chassis on ebay or from 8 liners, and it
will even have a remote adjustment board.

Only way out is for you to man up and fix them yourself. Best I can
say ont he matter.

- Matt

Anyone got a HT/LOPT spare for one of these? My paperboy one has split clean
in half :( or sell me a duff one which looks like the LOPT OK :) I'm in the
Uk, but paypal funds waiting!

Cheers
Rav
ravage @ rtype.com

"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I must have about 3 or 4 of these boards, all bad. Does anyone repair
> these?

Add to that the fact that your can't GET the flybacks, let alone at
$25....

Try www.fastronics.com
They do awsome work on any Chasis.

Don

Well, honestly, I can't say I've ever had one blow up on me (although
I've seen a couple of these chassis with blown LOPTs), but their weak
focus is reknown.

Because they 'never' fail...

"Rob Carroll" <robert.carroll30@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Add to that the fact that your can't GET the flybacks, let alone at
> $25....

I dont' think he was looking for someone to fix it for him... I think he
just needed the hot and the fly...

ahh... unless you were talking to Mike and not Rav...???

"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message
> I do.. but considering worst case (flyback - 25.00 + shipping) and
> you'll want to cap it (cap kit - 9.00) and what I would charge to fix
> it? PLUS shipping both ways?
>
> Cheaper to buy a brand new chassis on ebay or from 8 liners, and it
> will even have a remote adjustment board.
>
> Only way out is for you to man up and fix them yourself. Best I can
> say ont he matter.
>
> - Matt

Does anyone know why it's so hard to get flybacks and other parts for
this thing (outside of taking them off a bad chassis)? Offhand, I can
think of my Pacman and Tron that have 4900's in them and it sounds I
better start praying for them to never die on me.

Phwehehe. Man up ... hehe that's a good one Matt. :)
Yea I'd like nothing better than to fix them myself. I'd like to fix
every electronics problem I come across. I have a scope, a Rom
burner, soldering iron, a half working Pace MBT box, used to have a
logic probe. But with noone to show you how to use these tools it
makes it hard in this neck of the backwaters. Lima=Lost in Middle
America. But I keep on a tryin...