Farcry Crashing

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
When playing Farcry Itll randomly crash to desktop, the game just instantly shuts down and I find myself at the desktop. Ive downloaded the patch, This happens with or without my vid card overclock in place, I check temperature when I go to the desktop and its around 62-63. Its not even crashing on intense scenes, big fights, sometimes ill just be walking threw woods etc. Anyone have any ideas>?>?

(Im thinking maybe its the slightly old video card drivers im using (I use them on purpose because I get a better 3dmark score with them but im assuming maybe that dosnt mean they are optimum for actual gaming) ).

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel 400 Mhz(222),Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
chk the crash log iff it exists. chk the windows crash log to in the control panel>admin options>event viewer.

A power problem ?
Besides FarCry sucks.

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/Fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

cleeve

Illustrious
Why don't you test with newer drivers?

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
If I remember correctly, you need at least 56.72 drivers to play FarCry. Also, does this happen in campaign, multiplayer, or both? I posted my problem in the game section. I can play FarCry fine in campaign, when I play on multiplayer my FPS start at like 75 FPS, then it drops to around 20 FPS after around 15 minutes. I have tried different servers, and patches. I have decided somehow its a memory leak or something along that line. I have even tried reformatting once I set up my 2 WD 74 GB Raptors in RAID 0. I have to close the program and reopen it and it works fine again. FarCry just seems to have a lot of bugs.

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
Farcry sucks lol, its only the best game to come out since DoomII imho. I admit they can use more support as far as another patch goes, but im sure 1.3 will be fullfilling (ala battlefield vietnam, I stopped playing because they NEEDED A PATCH when it first came out and the patch didnt come around for months).

Im having the problem in campaign mode I havnt bothered playing multi yet, still having to much fun in single. Someone on the farcry forums said I should either try reinstalling with a driver cleaning program (which ive done but ill do again just to dobule check) and someone else said something about the sound causing problems?? Still waiting to hear back from them. Im using drivers 66.72.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel 400 Mhz(222),Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT