Language in windows xp pro

May 19, 2005 6:23:01 PM

I have installed windows xp pro on my other computer and its in some foreign
language I have no clue what is it, how do i get it to install in english? is
there a way to do it, I think its installing in russian

More about : language windows pro

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 7:58:26 PM

You can not change the language of Windows XP.
If you want Windows XP in English, you need to buy Windows XP in English.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Language support windows xp pro" <Language support windows xp
pro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed windows xp pro on my other computer and its in some
>foreign
> language I have no clue what is it, how do i get it to install in english?
> is
> there a way to do it, I think its installing in russian
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 9:37:26 AM

I thought it was an English version i purchased,, it says multi language
supported,

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> You can not change the language of Windows XP.
> If you want Windows XP in English, you need to buy Windows XP in English.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Language support windows xp pro" <Language support windows xp
> pro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed windows xp pro on my other computer and its in some
> >foreign
> > language I have no clue what is it, how do i get it to install in english?
> > is
> > there a way to do it, I think its installing in russian

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:02:45 PM

Go to "Regional and Language Options" in Control Panel
Click Language tab
Near the bottom is there "Language used in menus and dialogs"
If not you can not change the language.
If so, you have the Multilingual User Interface installed and you can select
English from the dropdown.

If you can not read the language to navigate, compare with a computer
running in English, the path is the same.

--

!