Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 5750G heat problems

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 21, 2012 12:38:37 PM

Hello,
I've googled for quite few days but no luck with this question. My laptop has 630m GT (rebranded 540m gt) i5-2450m SandyBridge processor (2.5 ghz - 3.1 with Turbo). The problem is, CPU fan is barely running. Once I try to run a game for 3 - 5 minutes, the temps are almost 100c. (90-95c to be exact). Same goes for Graphics card. I know that CPU fan can do more (saw that while updating bios). There's no dust inside the fan or around it. All drivers are updated, that includes bios. There is no option in bios for fan. I also tried modded bios. There was fan settings, but they done nothing(I'm sure), so I installed normal bios again. Now when idle, temps are: GPU 46C, HDD 33, CPU 53C. I know that this heat problem is common, but is fan supposed to run that slow? Even if I give full blast to the processor. This problem causes more problems. When CPU reaches ~90C it starts to throttle, and there goes my performance. Doesnt matter what game I try to run, it's always the same. Another problem heat causing is turbo mode. I can't go past 2.9 ghz on turbo mode (should be 3.1 ghz). I decided to buy cooling pad, but I know that it will not do any magic, just minus 3-10C from current temp... Laptop is always 2-3cm from surface, so air flow shouldn't be a problem. Don't know what to do. Every game is unplayable after 5 minutes.

So, if you have any suggestions on how to force fan run at full speed (I don't care if it makes noise) or somehow keep laptop cool, please tell me. I really appreciate it. And sorry for my bad english or text structure.
August 21, 2012 3:46:10 PM

What should I do with that page? By the way, fan is not running at all while idle.
August 24, 2012 12:33:02 PM

Bump
August 26, 2012 8:30:19 AM

Bump
!