GX 110 HELP!

got some gx 110 dells for charity work - local REFURBIT have cleaned them,
fdisk etc and we are now trying to load 98 etc. basic screen res is coming
up as 16 colours and something like 400 x 320 screen. no sound either. how
do we sort this please? I note that the dell site has the various drivers
etc but can we access them as we don't have original numbers to enter the
area of the site where they are? Any other obvious things that we have
missed will be appreciated. We have 3 to sort for the children to use and
they want minimum of 800 x 600 and certainly more than 16 colours and it
seems thatthe hardware can support that and the sound. Obviously - we do not
have the original cdroms although e now have legal windoze 98 cdroms.
2 answers Last reply
More about help

    You need to go to Dells website and download the Intel chipset drivers and
    all your other drivers for the GX110 and install the chipset drivers
    FIRST!!!!! and then reboot then install all your other drivers. Somewhere
    on the machines should be the TAG number either a sticker on the back near
    the PSU or a sticker on the side of the machine you can use this to find out
    what was in the machine when it left Dell and access the drivers that way or
    just search Dells site for GX110 under the drivers
    http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/index.aspx?sid=PLX_PNT_P03_GX110&cat=0&os=W98
    "Paul E" <paulestrie@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > got some gx 110 dells for charity work - local REFURBIT have cleaned them,
    > fdisk etc and we are now trying to load 98 etc. basic screen res is coming
    > up as 16 colours and something like 400 x 320 screen. no sound either. how
    > do we sort this please? I note that the dell site has the various drivers
    > etc but can we access them as we don't have original numbers to enter the
    > area of the site where they are? Any other obvious things that we have
    > missed will be appreciated. We have 3 to sort for the children to use and
    > they want minimum of 800 x 600 and certainly more than 16 colours and it
    > seems thatthe hardware can support that and the sound. Obviously - we do
    > not have the original cdroms although e now have legal windoze 98 cdroms.

    thanks - will investigate and look to see if the TAG sticker is still there
    or has been removed.

    "Fixer" <steve@kelly90.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > You need to go to Dells website and download the Intel chipset drivers and
    > all your other drivers for the GX110 and install the chipset drivers
    > FIRST!!!!! and then reboot then install all your other drivers. Somewhere
    > on the machines should be the TAG number either a sticker on the back near
    > the PSU or a sticker on the side of the machine you can use this to find
    > out what was in the machine when it left Dell and access the drivers that
    > way or just search Dells site for GX110 under the drivers
    > http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/index.aspx?sid=PLX_PNT_P03_GX110&cat=0&os=W98
    > "Paul E" <paulestrie@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> got some gx 110 dells for charity work - local REFURBIT have cleaned
    >> them, fdisk etc and we are now trying to load 98 etc. basic screen res is
    >> coming up as 16 colours and something like 400 x 320 screen. no sound
    >> either. how do we sort this please? I note that the dell site has the
    >> various drivers etc but can we access them as we don't have original
    >> numbers to enter the area of the site where they are? Any other obvious
    >> things that we have missed will be appreciated. We have 3 to sort for the
    >> children to use and they want minimum of 800 x 600 and certainly more
    >> than 16 colours and it seems thatthe hardware can support that and the
    >> sound. Obviously - we do not have the original cdroms although e now have
    >> legal windoze 98 cdroms.

Dell Computers