fast user switching

windows xp home ed.
my fast user switching is suddenly not working. any tips to get it going again

rhino dog <rhinodog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>windows xp home ed.
>my fast user switching is suddenly not working. any tips to get it going again

Did you make any changes to the paging file settings? Windows XP
using the paging file to roll out the memory content related to the
previous user when you switch, so if the paging file has been reduced
this might cause the problem that you are experiencing although I
would expect an error message to result if that were the case.

Try turning off the Fast User Switching option, rebooting the
computer, and then turning it back on again.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP