fast user switching

windows xp home ed.
my fast user switching is suddenly not working. any tips to get it going again
1 answer Last reply
More about fast user switching

    rhino dog <rhinodog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >windows xp home ed.
    >my fast user switching is suddenly not working. any tips to get it going again

    Did you make any changes to the paging file settings? Windows XP
    using the paging file to roll out the memory content related to the
    previous user when you switch, so if the paging file has been reduced
    this might cause the problem that you are experiencing although I
    would expect an error message to result if that were the case.

    Try turning off the Fast User Switching option, rebooting the
    computer, and then turning it back on again.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP