msn messenger update, is this an XP problem?

Bonnie

Help please, my father has ALS (Lou Gehrigs Disease) and MSN is the only
way I have to communicate with him. Last month I attempted to update MSN
messenger as requested and after updating, I got the error message "MSN
Messenger has encountered a problem and must close" so I went back in time
to uninstall it. Today I tried to login and I couldn't without updating
which I did and now I'm in the same boat....MSN messenger has encountered a
problem and must close! Please, I need help to fix this as I cannot
communicate with my dad without it and he will be wondering what's going on.

Thanks
Bonnie

MSN Messenger May Cause an Error Message: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314160

You cannot start Windows Messenger after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;843019