Hello,I have an Acer Aprise, recently I am unable to reach any websites/pagers,

Tags:
  • Acer
  • Google
  • RAM
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
August 21, 2012 8:39:13 PM

I have an Acer Aprise, recently I am unable to reach any websites/pagers, google, etc. No matter using a hard line or wirelesss card? I can read my e-mails, but that is all.
THANKS
RAM

More about : acer aprise recently unable reach websites pagers

a b D Laptop
August 21, 2012 8:57:19 PM

open a command prompt, and "ping www.yahoo.com" see if you get any response. It could be DNS or firewall issue.
m
l
August 21, 2012 9:00:47 PM

I tried that(Yahoo) and good and Ebay, all I get is an error message stating that website was not found??
THANKS
RAM
m
l
August 21, 2012 9:01:19 PM

And Google
m
l
August 22, 2012 1:50:24 PM

Any other ideas?

THANKS

RAM
m
l
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2012 2:08:09 PM

If you can ping, then DNS is working, so is either firewall or browser network setting. Did anything change(add/update software, hardware) before it stop working.
What anti-virus/malware software do you use?
m
l
August 22, 2012 2:43:58 PM

Using AVAST for virus and malawarebytes for malware.

Only change was the att air card - upgraded to 4 G, but have since deleted that prog and reinstalled 3 g prgram. Still cant web browse with air card or cable modem?
Thanks
RAM
m
l
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2012 3:45:08 PM

Which browser do you use?
In IE, goto Internet Options - Connections and see if you need to setup, or change the settings.

Also, there should be a network connection icon on the taskbar notification area. right click on the icon and "open network and sharing center" and see if the "troubleshoot problems" work for you.
m
l
August 22, 2012 4:11:42 PM

Will try that and advise.

Thank you.
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:49:48 PM

All,

I deleted my Virus prog and installed another one, everything working like before.

THANK YOU, for your assistance.

RAM
m
l
!