Running out of space on drive - optimal solution?

I'm running out of space on the partition that has Windows XP on it (there
are three partitions on my main drive), and I've run out of ways to free up
space.

Could I buy a larger drive, give it three partitions, and then copy the
contents of the old drive (including the XP OS) on to the new drive and then
boot up with it after disconnecting my old drive. Can I copy it all like
that to move the contents to a larger drive?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about running space drive optimal solution

    Most hard drive manufactures supply with, or make available on their
    website, a free utility which will do exactly as you desire. What your are
    asking about is called "Disk Cloning".

    --
    steve

    nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    remove _thenut_ to reach me

    "William Low" <wlowNOSPAM@fuse.net> wrote in message
    > I'm running out of space on the partition that has Windows XP on it (there
    > are three partitions on my main drive), and I've run out of ways to free
    > up space.
    >
    > Could I buy a larger drive, give it three partitions, and then copy the
    > contents of the old drive (including the XP OS) on to the new drive and
    > then boot up with it after disconnecting my old drive. Can I copy it all
    > like that to move the contents to a larger drive?
    >
    > Thanks.

    MAXBLAST does exactly what you want for maxtor drives.
    I dont know if it works on non maxtor drives
    I think its a free download

    "William Low" <wlowNOSPAM@fuse.net> wrote in message
    > I'm running out of space on the partition that has Windows XP on it (there
    > are three partitions on my main drive), and I've run out of ways to free
    > up space.
    >
    > Could I buy a larger drive, give it three partitions, and then copy the
    > contents of the old drive (including the XP OS) on to the new drive and
    > then boot up with it after disconnecting my old drive. Can I copy it all
    > like that to move the contents to a larger drive?
    >
    > Thanks.

Windows XP Microsoft