  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 3:58:32 PM

I've lost one of those little rubber footing pads under the laptop. How do
you go about replacing one of them?

--
Tom McCune
http://www.McCune.cc

More about : inspiron 2650 rubber pad

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 3:58:33 PM

Tom McCune <news1@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> wrote:

>I've lost one of those little rubber footing pads under the laptop. How do
>you go about replacing one of them?

Go to a craft store, buy a leetle sheet of rubber padding stuff
that appeals to you, an Exacto knife if you don't have one
already, and some cement suitable for use on rubber/plastic. Use
(b) on (a) to cut to fit, then (c) on the result to attach them
to the laptop. Total cost, even with the Exacto, probably less
than Dell's shipping/handling charge on replacements.
--
OJ III
March 6, 2005 4:04:38 PM

Errrrrrrrrrr contact Dell?
"Tom McCune" <news1@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> wrote in message
> I've lost one of those little rubber footing pads under the laptop. How
> do
> you go about replacing one of them?
>
> --
> Tom McCune
> http://www.McCune.cc

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 8:46:07 PM

Ogden Johnson III <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Go to a craft store, buy a leetle sheet of rubber padding stuff
> that appeals to you, an Exacto knife if you don't have one
> already, and some cement suitable for use on rubber/plastic. Use
> (b) on (a) to cut to fit, then (c) on the result to attach them
> to the laptop. Total cost, even with the Exacto, probably less
> than Dell's shipping/handling charge on replacements.

Thank you - I didn't even think of this.

--
Tom McCune
http://www.McCune.cc