Windows 7 32 bit installation

koukis

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
i have a hp compaq nx7010. i am trying to install windows 7 32 bit and i cant it freezes in completing installation. when i say freeze it tottaly freezes no mouse no nothing u have to unplugged it 2 restart... then i said enough and try to put back the windows xp sp3 and it also stucks at 34 min when trying to install hardaware. i read everything i could and did found a solution for either of the two operation systems.. i dont have usb devices on or anything plugged in... but i think there something with the usb 2 do.... there isnt an option in bios tha disables them so now i am clawless.. any help will be appreciate
thank u

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

First of all, format the OS partition.
Try installing XP again.

koukis

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
i allready format it 6 times nothing happen the problem was in the first place freezing thats y i try to format.... he only freezes in normal mode... in safe mode was just fine

Ah, it works in safe mode, a clue.

Same lockup in both XP and Windows 7? It could be your system is not compatable with Win 7 if XP works. Hard Drive errors would normally show up in safe mode as well, not just a regular boot. Although I would check a new drive anyway.