Will Revit 2010 work with new i7 laptop ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynK

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Hello, help .... As a designer I need to purchase a good laptop as an addition to my desktop. I've done the research and so far I'm leaning toward the Dell XPS L502x laptop.
Specs are: CPU Intel@ Core i7 - 2670QM (2.20GHZ) with Turbo Boost up to 3.10GHZ / Memory 8GB (2x4Gb) 1333MHz DDR3 / HDD 750GB / GPU NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB.

From the Revit forums, it seems this laptop will be perfect. However, I am currently running Revit 2010 and Datacad 2010 software. So my main question is, will this new laptop be compatible with the 2010 versions of Revit and Datacad? And also enable me to upgrade to the latest software when I can afford it? I don't want to purchase the laptop only to find out my current software won't work properly. Please advise.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
It should be fine. If you were using a revision from 2005 or something before dual and quad core CPUs were mainstream, I'd say no, but the Core i7 series has been out since 2010 and I'm more than sure RevIt has built support in for that series / type of CPU (although not that EXACT CPU, the architecture used would be supported).

Status
Not open for further replies.