date modified

5/20/2005

A while ago I asked about changing the date a file was modified...in
Windows Explorer. The query was answered very satisfactorily. Now I'd
like to know how NOT to change the date modified. E.g.., just by
opening and immediately closing a file (I haven't done anything
excerpt look at the file) the date modified automatically changes to
the current date (and time).

Thank you,

Barry Karas
1 answer Last reply
More about date modified

    A script could record the modified time, open the file, restore the time, and close it.

    How Can I Rename Files Based on the File's Creation Date?:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/dec04/hey1209.mspx

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:fdpp81tlm7u2le2rk6gseco34fvd48nejs@4ax.com...
    > 5/20/2005
    >
    > A while ago I asked about changing the date a file was modified...in
    > Windows Explorer. The query was answered very satisfactorily. Now I'd
    > like to know how NOT to change the date modified. E.g.., just by
    > opening and immediately closing a file (I haven't done anything
    > excerpt look at the file) the date modified automatically changes to
    > the current date (and time).
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

Windows Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP