date modified

May 20, 2005 9:44:46 AM

5/20/2005

A while ago I asked about changing the date a file was modified...in
Windows Explorer. The query was answered very satisfactorily. Now I'd
like to know how NOT to change the date modified. E.g.., just by
opening and immediately closing a file (I haven't done anything
excerpt look at the file) the date modified automatically changes to
the current date (and time).

Thank you,

Barry Karas

More about : date modified

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 3:06:11 PM

A script could record the modified time, open the file, restore the time, and close it.

How Can I Rename Files Based on the File's Creation Date?:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources...

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509