need help asap formating my c drive

im trying to format my c drive so can reinstall windows just to do a clean up
really got alot of stuff dont need an dont want, when i boot from the cd i
press f2 on the blue screen but i get the message
systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll an i cant get no further please help iv been
searching forums and stuff for 2 days but cant seem to come up with a
solution to my problem some one pleeeeeeeeeese help me
1 answer Last reply
More about need asap formating drive

    "worbs" <worbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > im trying to format my c drive so can reinstall windows just to do a clean
    > up
    > really got alot of stuff dont need an dont want, when i boot from the cd
    > press f2 on the blue screen but i get the message
    > systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll an i cant get no further please help iv been
    > searching forums and stuff for 2 days but cant seem to come up with a
    > solution to my problem some one pleeeeeeeeeese help me

    Pushing F2 takes you to the automated recovery. The error you get is because
    it can't find your operating system to attempt a recovery. I guess it's too
    corrupt. Don't hit F2. Let the disk load up the files it needs until it gets
    to set up xp screen. Then follow the prompts. Pick the partition your
    previous xp was on, delete and format it and install new xp. Here's a site
    with step by step instructions.
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_partition_and_format_my.htm

Windows XP