need help asap formating my c drive

May 20, 2005 7:01:03 AM

im trying to format my c drive so can reinstall windows just to do a clean up
really got alot of stuff dont need an dont want, when i boot from the cd i
press f2 on the blue screen but i get the message
systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll an i cant get no further please help iv been
searching forums and stuff for 2 days but cant seem to come up with a
solution to my problem some one pleeeeeeeeeese help me

More about : asap formating drive

May 20, 2005 7:16:06 PM

"worbs" <worbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> im trying to format my c drive so can reinstall windows just to do a clean
> up
> really got alot of stuff dont need an dont want, when i boot from the cd
> press f2 on the blue screen but i get the message
> systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll an i cant get no further please help iv been
> searching forums and stuff for 2 days but cant seem to come up with a
> solution to my problem some one pleeeeeeeeeese help me

Pushing F2 takes you to the automated recovery. The error you get is because
it can't find your operating system to attempt a recovery. I guess it's too
corrupt. Don't hit F2. Let the disk load up the files it needs until it gets
to set up xp screen. Then follow the prompts. Pick the partition your
previous xp was on, delete and format it and install new xp. Here's a site
with step by step instructions.
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_partition_and...
!