Fido Analog

Who's network do they use for analog, and who else's could i be possibly be
using..
i was on analog today with 5190 and once ina while i did see
"Analog...Romaing" for a few mins then it would go back to Analog...

Daniel Correia
Webhosting and Colocation: http://www.dchosting.net/
10 answers Last reply
More about fido analog

    Fido uses Bell's analog network in Ontario.

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:17:41 -0400, "Daniel C." <spam@dchosting.net>
    wrote:

    >Who's network do they use for analog, and who else's could i be possibly be
    >using..
    >i was on analog today with 5190 and once ina while i did see
    >"Analog...Romaing" for a few mins then it would go back to Analog...

    I believe they use Bell's (Bell Mobility) lines in the east and Telus
    in the west.

    Specifically, they are using the "B" network, which consists of
    the incumbent telcos in each of the provinces. That is, Telus, Sasktel,
    MT&T, Bell, Aliant plus some other smaller ones. In other words, not
    Rogers.

    My 6190 would display "Analog Roaming" when it was using Aliant,
    but simply said "Roaming" when using Bell. My 6340 always says "Analog"
    regardless of which carrier it is using.

    Jeff

    In article
    <3AzWc.62$lxE1.32@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>,

    "Daniel C." wrote:

    > Who's network do they use for analog, and who else's could i be possibly be
    > using..
    > i was on analog today with 5190 and once ina while i did see
    > "Analog...Romaing" for a few mins then it would go back to Analog...

    In Québec, Bell Mobility doesn't cover all the territory. If you go from
    Montyreal to Québec city along the St-Lawrence River, you will be "roaming"
    onto QuébecTel territory, and then back into Bell Mobility. So if your phone's
    "home" analogue service is with Bell, then you'd see roaming even inside
    Québec, and of course, whenever you roamed outside of Bell's territory.

    I *assume* that for folks out west, their phones are setup to have Telus as
    the main network.

    "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:17:41 -0400, "Daniel C." <spam@dchosting.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Who's network do they use for analog, and who else's could i be possibly
    be
    > >using..
    > >i was on analog today with 5190 and once ina while i did see
    > >"Analog...Romaing" for a few mins then it would go back to Analog...
    >
    > I believe they use Bell's (Bell Mobility) lines in the east and Telus
    > in the west.

    Bell's in central Canada, Aliant's in the east, Telus' in BC and AB, SaskTel
    Mobility's in SK and MTS Mobility's in MB, as well as NorthWesTel's in the
    Territories. Telus has no native coverage between the Saskatchewan-Alberta
    border and southeastern Ontario.

    Jim

    On 24 Aug 2004 09:37:53 -0400, jbamford@EngineeringHarmonics.com
    (Jeff Bamford) wrote:

    > Specifically, they are using the "B" network, which consists of
    >the incumbent telcos in each of the provinces. That is, Telus, Sasktel,
    >MT&T, Bell, Aliant plus some other smaller ones. In other words, not
    >Rogers.

    Funny ! I was in Ontario 3 weeks ago and I was on the Roger network
    .... picture to prove it ::
    http://www.dptlc.biz/root/images/GL04/GL04-Images/64.jpg

    :)

    > My 6190 would display "Analog Roaming" when it was using Aliant,
    >but simply said "Roaming" when using Bell. My 6340 always says "Analog"
    >regardless of which carrier it is using.
    >

    >Jeff
    >

    > In article
    ><3AzWc.62$lxE1.32@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>,
    >Chopz <lamb@chopz.com> wrote:
    >>Fido uses Bell's analog network in Ontario.
    >>
    >>"Daniel C." <spam@dchosting.net> wrote in message
    >>> Who's network do they use for analog, and who else's could i be possibly
    >>be
    >>> using..
    >>> i was on analog today with 5190 and once ina while i did see
    >>> "Analog...Romaing" for a few mins then it would go back to Analog...
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> --
    >>> Daniel Correia
    >>> Webhosting and Colocation: http://www.dchosting.net/

    --

    EDgAr Hentai
    DPTLC.biz

    In article <odkpi0l2ugoph1131omivdemu8khl6rb0a@4ax.com>,
    EDgAr Hentai <edgarhentai@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On 24 Aug 2004 09:37:53 -0400, jbamford@EngineeringHarmonics.com
    >(Jeff Bamford) wrote:
    >

    >> Specifically, they are using the "B" network, which consists of
    >>the incumbent telcos in each of the provinces. That is, Telus, Sasktel,
    >>MT&T, Bell, Aliant plus some other smaller ones. In other words, not
    >>Rogers.
    >
    >Funny ! I was in Ontario 3 weeks ago and I was on the Roger network
    >... picture to prove it ::
    >http://www.dptlc.biz/root/images/GL04/GL04-Images/64.jpg
    >
    >:)

    That's a US GSM carrier. I picked up both Voicestream and AT&T in
    Niagara Falls last weekend.

    Jeff

    The SE Z200 is a digital only cell phone (no analog). If you were close to
    the US border than you were picking up an American AT&T WIRELESS cell site.
    If you were picking up a Canadian signal it would show ROGERS or ROGERS
    AT&T.

    Chopz wrote:
    > If you were picking up a Canadian signal it would show ROGERS or ROGERS
    > AT&T.

    The Siemens M55's firmware shows "ROGERS" only. The interesting one is
    T-MOBILE which has many incarnation in the long list of possible GSM networks
    in the M55's firmware.

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:31:09 -0600, "Jim MacKenzie"
    <jim@dusykbarlow.sk.ca> wrote :

    >Bell's in central Canada, Aliant's in the east, Telus' in BC and AB, SaskTel
    >Mobility's in SK and MTS Mobility's in MB, as well as NorthWesTel's in the
    >Territories. Telus has no native coverage between the Saskatchewan-Alberta
    >border and southeastern Ontario.

    Telus also provides analog in parts of Quebec, the result of their
    purchase of QuebecTel Mobilite a few years ago.

    Stephan Patterson

Fido Internet Service Providers