No Google

I cannot get google on Internet explorer, the address sends me to a site
called "cpanel" but with the google address still in the address bar.
The site suggests that there is no site at this address?

Can anyone help?

Jose do you know what is wrong?

Barry
4 answers Last reply
More about google

    "Barry Greengrow" <harry.potter10@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot get google on Internet explorer, the address sends me to a site
    >called "cpanel" but with the google address still in the address bar.
    > The site suggests that there is no site at this address?
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Jose do you know what is wrong?
    >
    > Barry

    Pardon the interruption...
    Sounds as if your browser may have been hijacked (partially, at least). When
    was your PC last checked thoroughly for viruses, trojans, malware, spyware,
    etc.?

    --
    Peter [MVP Visual Developer]
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

    Forget this its a Trojan called QHost

    Barry

    "Barry Greengrow" <harry.potter10@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot get google on Internet explorer, the address sends me to a site
    >called "cpanel" but with the google address still in the address bar.
    > The site suggests that there is no site at this address?
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Jose do you know what is wrong?
    >
    > Barry

    Barry,
    I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
    Follow the quick-fix protocol.
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    Here are 2 tools from SysInternals that may help you get an insight on
    what's running.
    Autoruns (checks & shows what's set to auto-load at Windows startup)
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

    Process Explorer http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

    You likely will have to do cleanups in Safe mode, once you have downloaded
    current definitions.
    You should even use Safe Mode with Networking to do all this work.
    Press F8 Function key as the pc is booting up so that you can see bootup
    choices.

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User
    > Forget this its a Trojan called QHost
    >
    > Barry

    Thanks Peter a QHost Trojan

    Barry

    "Peter van der Goes" <p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> wrote in message

    > "Barry Greengrow" <harry.potter10@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >>I cannot get google on Internet explorer, the address sends me to a site
    >>called "cpanel" but with the google address still in the address bar.
    >> The site suggests that there is no site at this address?
    >>
    >> Can anyone help?
    >>
    >> Jose do you know what is wrong?
    >>
    >> Barry
    >>
    > Pardon the interruption...
    > Sounds as if your browser may have been hijacked (partially, at least).
    > When was your PC last checked thoroughly for viruses, trojans, malware,
    > spyware, etc.?
    >
    > --
    > Peter [MVP Visual Developer]
    > Jack of all trades, master of none.

Control Panel Internet Explorer Google Microsoft Windows XP