Closed

No hibernation tab

I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional on my laptop. When I bought it
the factory installed OS had hibernation available in the Power Options
panel. Now the powercfg program tells me my "system does not support
hibernation"! Please tell me how to reinstall this valuable feature.
5 answers Last reply
More about hibernation

    Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your laptop,
    search for the correct video adapter drivers designed for Windows XP,
    download and install them.

    After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
    desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
    Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
    to your liking, then click on Apply.

    Also, download and install the new ClearType Tuner Powertoy:

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "Donald Prebus" wrote:

    | I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional on my laptop. When I bought it
    | the factory installed OS had hibernation available in the Power Options
    | panel. Now the powercfg program tells me my "system does not support
    | hibernation"! Please tell me how to reinstall this valuable feature.

    Thanks. I got it working.

    By the way the ClearType download page is unavailable.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your laptop,
    > search for the correct video adapter drivers designed for Windows XP,
    > download and install them.
    >
    > After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
    > desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
    > Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
    > to your liking, then click on Apply.
    >
    > Also, download and install the new ClearType Tuner Powertoy:

    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Donald Prebus" wrote:
    >
    > | I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional on my laptop. When I bought it
    > | the factory installed OS had hibernation available in the Power Options
    > | panel. Now the powercfg program tells me my "system does not support
    > | hibernation"! Please tell me how to reinstall this valuable feature.

  3. Hi,

    I need ur help, the power options windows does not contain hibernation tab
    when i type powecfg /q at the command prompt it shows
    system hibernation (AC) :- not supported
    system hibernation (DC) :- not supported

    can you help me with this.

    Thanks
    yogesh anand
  4. Hey coolyogi,

    If you need some help, please create your own thread. This one is 5 years old.
  5. This topic has been closed by Aford10

Hibernation Support Windows XP