Closed

No hibernation tab

May 20, 2005 11:25:31 AM

I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional on my laptop. When I bought it
the factory installed OS had hibernation available in the Power Options
panel. Now the powercfg program tells me my "system does not support
hibernation"! Please tell me how to reinstall this valuable feature.

More about : hibernation tab

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:36:49 PM

Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your laptop,
search for the correct video adapter drivers designed for Windows XP,
download and install them.

After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
to your liking, then click on Apply.

Also, download and install the new ClearType Tuner Powertoy:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Donald Prebus" wrote:

| I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional on my laptop. When I bought it
| the factory installed OS had hibernation available in the Power Options
| panel. Now the powercfg program tells me my "system does not support
| hibernation"! Please tell me how to reinstall this valuable feature.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:36:50 PM

Thanks. I got it working.

By the way the ClearType download page is unavailable.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your laptop,
> search for the correct video adapter drivers designed for Windows XP,
> download and install them.
>
> After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
> desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
> Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
> to your liking, then click on Apply.
>
> Also, download and install the new ClearType Tuner Powertoy:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Donald Prebus" wrote:
>
> | I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional on my laptop. When I bought it
> | the factory installed OS had hibernation available in the Power Options
> | panel. Now the powercfg program tells me my "system does not support
> | hibernation"! Please tell me how to reinstall this valuable feature.

Related resources
August 7, 2010 9:37:07 PM

Hi,

I need ur help, the power options windows does not contain hibernation tab
when i type powecfg /q at the command prompt it shows
system hibernation (AC) :- not supported
system hibernation (DC) :- not supported

can you help me with this.

Thanks
yogesh anand
August 7, 2010 9:50:07 PM

Hey coolyogi,

If you need some help, please create your own thread. This one is 5 years old.
August 7, 2010 9:50:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
!