Tivo lag in AIW radeon 9600

Syntax

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
I have a AIW radeon 9600 installed on my computer. I noticed that when I hook up the card's inputs to my Playstation 2, there's always a slight lag between button press and the reaction on screen. I suppose this happens because of the built-in TV-recording/rewind fuction, but even when I put the speed on 'live,' there is a slight bit of lag. This isn't a big problem for watching movies or TV, but when playing games, it really gets annoying. is there a way to totally disable the Tivo function on this card? if not, is there another program other than the bundled ATI software that I can use to hook up my PS2 to my computer? thanks

Life is but a sexually transmitted disease

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmm, I'm sorry, I can't really help you. I have the AIW 9600 Pro, and have noticed that the "TV-On-Demand" feature button (looks like a TV when enabled, like a circle with a line through it when it's disabled) seems to work for me, that is, when I have TV-On-Demand disabled I don't hear a timing difference between the TV on my computer and the TV in my living room. When TV-On-Demand is enabled, it sounds like an echo from the timing difference.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>