Dissapointing Results On 3dmark05 with x800 pro

CodeWhite

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2004
I just upgraded to a Radeon x800 pro video card from a Radeon 9800 pro. My motherboard is an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe running with an Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz and 1gb ram running in duel channel mode. I reformatted my hardrive, did a fresh install of windows xp and downloaded/ installed the latest Catalyst drivers.
Everything was fine and dandy until I ran 3d Mark 05. I managed just a measely 2822 marks on the test! I compared my results to other people with the same config and I noticed I was way low for what I am running. One thing I did notice was that my agp slot was currently running in 0x mode when it can support 8x. I checked my motherboard's users guide and all it states is that it is an AGP pro slot that supports 8x on AGP cards with +0.8V. It does not mention anything about having to do anything special to get it to run at 8x. I checked my bios and found nada there either. My question is does anybody know how to fix this problem or am I doomed to below average performance with good hardware? I have no idea if the voltage of my new x800 pro is +0.8v I could not find anything in the documentation.
Any help would be appreciated.

CodeWhite

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
I have the same mobo and it gives me the option of chosing the agp slot speed, it was preset to 8x.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Are u sure one of your RAM modules is alive ? If they are <b>duel</b>ing each other, surely one must be dead. :lol:

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by priyajeet on 10/21/04 12:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Check your BIOS and make sure that AGP 8x is set. Also, make sure you have your motherboard AGP drivers installed.

XP2800+, Abit NF7, 1GB Dual-Channel DDR333, ATI R9800PRO 128MB, TT PurePower 420W, LG DVD+-R/RW
:redface: <font color=red>My wife says I suffer from premature ejaculation...I don't remember suffering<font color=red> :wink:

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Format

Click <font color=blue><A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">HERE</A></font color=blue> if you real<b>l</b>y are an <font color=red>idiot</font color=red>.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're SUPPOSED to install the Intel INF Update BEFORE you install the video card drivers. Did you? It's on your motherboard CD. I'm EXTREMELY familiar with that board.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
Crash just out of curiosity how would you rate the p4c800 deluxe in the world of motherboards?? How long do you think it will hold out (if any longer) as a decent motherboard?

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I liked the boards. There is that problem with voltage instability when overclocking and overvolting on many (most?) boards, but otherwise a fine board. I'm extremely disappointed in Asus for NOT correcting the problem when they made minor design changes on the -E version, it's almost a slap in the face.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>