Slow loading of desktop icons

I am running Windows XP SP2.

When I had this problem with Windows 98 I deleted the file ShelllconCache.
Windows rebuilt the file and this corrected the problem.

Is there something similar in XP ?
1 answer Last reply
More about slow loading desktop icons

    Roy,

    There is a hidden file named Iconcache.db in this folder. Deleting the file
    might help.

    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data

    Type the exact path in Start-Run dialog.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Roy Colson" <roycolsonNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > When I had this problem with Windows 98 I deleted the file ShelllconCache.
    > Windows rebuilt the file and this corrected the problem.
    >
    > Is there something similar in XP ?

Windows 98 Support Windows XP Microsoft Desktop Icons