  • Windows XP
  • Microsoft
  • Desktop Icons
May 20, 2005 5:21:26 PM

I am running Windows XP SP2.

When I had this problem with Windows 98 I deleted the file ShelllconCache.
Windows rebuilt the file and this corrected the problem.

Is there something similar in XP ?

More about : slow loading desktop icons

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:20:21 PM

Roy,

There is a hidden file named Iconcache.db in this folder. Deleting the file
might help.

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data

Type the exact path in Start-Run dialog.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!