Norton's Internet Security

BlankI have Microsoft Anti Virus, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, Adaware
and WinPatrol on my system. I want to install Norton's Internet Security...

Reading the booklet, it says that I have to uninstall all my virus
protection programs before proceeding. Do I really have to do that, or can
I just install it without problems.

Thank you..
Helen

Yes. To avoid conflicts and error messages, one should uninstall any
existing antivirus program before installing a different one. One should
only have one antivirus program installed.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Helen" wrote:

| I have Microsoft Anti Virus, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, Adaware
| and WinPatrol on my system. I want to install Norton's Internet Security...
|
| Reading the booklet, it says that I have to uninstall all my virus
| protection programs before proceeding. Do I really have to do that, or can
| I just install it without problems.
|
| Thank you..
| Helen

However, none of what she listed are anti-virus programs.

| Yes. To avoid conflicts and error messages, one should uninstall any
| existing antivirus program before installing a different one. One should
| only have one antivirus program installed.
|
| --
| Carey Frisch
| Microsoft MVP
| Windows XP - Shell/User
| Microsoft Newsgroups
|
| Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
| http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
|
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| "Helen" wrote:
|
|| I have Microsoft Anti Virus, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, Adaware
|| and WinPatrol on my system. I want to install Norton's Internet
Security...
|| Reading the booklet, it says that I have to uninstall all my virus
|| protection programs before proceeding. Do I really have to do that, or
can
|| I just install it without problems.
|| Thank you..
|| Helen

One CAN have more than 1 AV installed ! The thing is to only have 1 that is
up and running as the active-startup AV. One runs the others on demand.
But yes, precaution & preparation during the setup of secondary AV.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
> Yes. To avoid conflicts and error messages, one should uninstall any
> existing antivirus program before installing a different one. One should
> only have one antivirus program installed.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Helen" wrote:
>
> | I have Microsoft Anti Virus, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, Adaware
> | and WinPatrol on my system. I want to install Norton's Internet
> Security...
> |
> | Reading the booklet, it says that I have to uninstall all my virus
> | protection programs before proceeding. Do I really have to do that, or
> can
> | I just install it without problems.
> |
> | Thank you..
> | Helen

So Anti Virus is not an Antivirus software? It appears after the word
Microsoft and before the comma on the first line - I thought it would be a
dead giveaway.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com