HELP, my computer keeps closing itself down

Please can any one help. Every time I have my computer on it will restart
itself for NO reason, I have not been able to isolate any software or
hardware problems. This problem will happen at random times and when it does
I get a very quick flash of the blue screen of death but it just keeps on
rebooting!! The computer gives me the error code "Error code 1000007f" then
it says that I should see a blue screen but I dont! Please can anyone help as
I have not installed any new hardware or software and the WINDOWS KNOWLEDGE
BASE cant help.

Thanks

Liam
2 answers Last reply
More about help computer closing down

    Liam, rt click on MyComputer>select Properties>Advanced>Startup and
    Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart . You should now get a BSOD
    error message next time it attempts to restart. Also, according to this
    thread
    it could be defective Ram module. Look in Event Viewer. You can find it
    in Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer.
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13385211 Do a google
    search for Error Code 1000007f

    "malky" <securityanalystdevision@symantec.com> wrote in message
    > Please can any one help. Every time I have my computer on it will restart
    > itself for NO reason, I have not been able to isolate any software or
    > hardware problems. This problem will happen at random times and when it
    > does
    > I get a very quick flash of the blue screen of death but it just keeps on
    > rebooting!! The computer gives me the error code "Error code 1000007f"
    > then
    > it says that I should see a blue screen but I dont! Please can anyone help
    > as
    > I have not installed any new hardware or software and the WINDOWS
    > KNOWLEDGE
    > BASE cant help.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Liam

    I have already unchecked the system failure restart button and I still have
    seen no BSOD!! The error code on google search comes up with multiply answers
    like pc to hot, RAM not working, hardware problems, corrupt system files and
    bad driver software, I have all the latest updates and I still cant figure
    out why this is happening! Thanks for yout help Rich, but does anyone else
    have any idea?

    Thanks

    Liam

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Liam, rt click on MyComputer>select Properties>Advanced>Startup and
    > Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart . You should now get a BSOD
    > error message next time it attempts to restart. Also, according to this
    > thread
    > it could be defective Ram module. Look in Event Viewer. You can find it
    > in Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer.
    > http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13385211 Do a google
    > search for Error Code 1000007f
    >

    > "malky" <securityanalystdevision@symantec.com> wrote in message
    > > Please can any one help. Every time I have my computer on it will restart
    > > itself for NO reason, I have not been able to isolate any software or
    > > hardware problems. This problem will happen at random times and when it
    > > does
    > > I get a very quick flash of the blue screen of death but it just keeps on
    > > rebooting!! The computer gives me the error code "Error code 1000007f"
    > > then
    > > it says that I should see a blue screen but I dont! Please can anyone help
    > > as
    > > I have not installed any new hardware or software and the WINDOWS
    > > KNOWLEDGE
    > > BASE cant help.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Liam

Hardware Blue Screen Computers Software Windows XP