Sign in with
Your question

Xbox 360 controller / K+M problems.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 23, 2012 4:47:38 PM

Just to be clear, i'm putting this in Laptops and Notebooks because I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the Laptop's Keyboard/Trackerpad.

Basically, a few games I run have this awful issue of switching between the controller and keyboard/touchpad.

I prefer to use the controller, because my laptop gets hot while gaming, and I just generally prefer a controller.

While playing Just Cause 2, and GTA IV, which I bought on Steam, it switches between controller/key+tp.

Example:

The HUD on GTA IV prompts with "press W to accelerate", and then when I press RT on the controller, it accelerates, and the HUD changes to "Press RT to accelerate". As soon as I let go, it goes back to "press W to accelerate". This wouldn't be a problem, except in this, and Just Cause 2, and any game that has active switching between controller/k+m, often, the camera changes slightly to accommodate K+M or controller. So essentially, in Just Cause 2 and GTA IV the camera starts going funny, and the game's handling becomes awful because of the different settings for each.

I'm fairly sure this has something to do with my laptop's Keyboard, because I can disable the touchpad at any given time with a simple button push, and yet the problem persists.

Specs are attached here: http://i.imgur.com/liG35.png

In short:

Asus N55S
I5 processor Dual Core 2430m 2.40ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT 635M 2gb
Windows 7 64bit

So yeah, any advice on how to rectify this would be appreciated. As I said, this only happens in games where when you plug in an xbox controller, it automatically shifts to accommodate it. I have no problems with things like Bastion, and also, oddly Metro 2033.

I can take screenshots/short videos if necessary, but I shouldn't think they're needed.

Any help at all would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks again.
September 2, 2012 12:16:52 AM

Bumpity bump?
!