windows xp home edition-

my pc keeps shutting down and gives the following message.
error coe 00000019 parameter 1 00000020 parameter 2 85a30b10 parameter 3
85a30c50 parameter 4 0a280001
I need help in deciphering this alien message and continue to use my pc can
anybody help. Heather
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home edition

    Three comments/questions come to mind.

    1) Have you tried booting in Safe Mode, then reboot in Normal mode? This has
    fixed numerous problems for me over the years.
    2) Is there more information in Event Viewer? Go to Control Panel >
    Administrative Tools > Event Viewer
    3) You may find something useful at http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Finally, the ol' standby - check for viruses and Spyware just to ensure the
    integrity of your system. Or, insert your Windows XP CD and go to Start >
    Run and type "sfc /scannow" - without the quotes. Click OK to check you
    system files.

    Good luck.

    --
    Michael

    "heather" <heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my pc keeps shutting down and gives the following message.
    > error coe 00000019 parameter 1 00000020 parameter 2 85a30b10 parameter 3
    > 85a30c50 parameter 4 0a280001
    > I need help in deciphering this alien message and continue to use my pc
    > can
    > anybody help. Heather

Support Microsoft Windows XP