Locke

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2001

Does anyone have a solution for my right click menu on my desktop taking a
little while before displaying. In the old days of Win 3.1 that might not
be noticed but in Win XP with a good computer I dont want to wait a 7
seconds for it to display. Is this a video driver problem? I am updated to
the lasted update I thought.

Locke

Congratulations. You discovered another undocumented feature in Windows XP.

Workaround: Control Panel, Display, Appearance, Effects. Clear the
transition effects for menus and tooltips.

courtney sends....

"Locke" <theoden_704@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have a solution for my right click menu on my desktop taking a
> little while before displaying. In the old days of Win 3.1 that might not
> be noticed but in Win XP with a good computer I dont want to wait a 7
> seconds for it to display. Is this a video driver problem? I am updated
> to the lasted update I thought.
>
> Locke

Jim

Congradulations...........you are another useless troll........

"Courtney" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:c%uje.19482$ye1.754@okepread06...
> Congratulations. You discovered another undocumented feature in Windows
> XP.
>
> Workaround: Control Panel, Display, Appearance, Effects. Clear the
> transition effects for menus and tooltips.
>
> courtney sends....
>

> "Locke" <theoden_704@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone have a solution for my right click menu on my desktop taking
>> a little while before displaying. In the old days of Win 3.1 that might
>> not be noticed but in Win XP with a good computer I dont want to wait a 7
>> seconds for it to display. Is this a video driver problem? I am updated
>> to the lasted update I thought.
>>
>> Locke

Locke,

This is usually caused by third-party shell extensions. Investigate using
method 2 described in this article:

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org