Stern Bagman - rare?

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2005 11:00:57 PM

In the midst of cleaning up my workroom I have found 2 working
boardsets that clealy say Stern on them.
In the klov it says its a Valadon Automation game. SO does anyone have
any info on these?

Don
arcadeguy.com

More about : stern bagman rare

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 12:10:06 AM

I know where a fairly decent, working Bagman
in a dedicated cabinet is stored in TN.
If anyone is interested in it,
I will dig up the guy's number for you.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 12:51:52 AM

then why isnt it listed correctly in the klov?

From: "Rob Carroll" <spy.hun...@verizon.net> -
Subject: Re: Stern Bagman - rare?

Not rare.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:18:01 AM

in my travels, i may have seen one or two at the dallas auctions and
none on my personal raids.
there might have been one or two pass through here within the last few
years.
ronald
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:46:09 AM

We had a dozen Stern Bagmans on the route in the 1980's. I converted
every one of them to something else as the cabinet was worth more than
the game.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:54:05 AM

That's why I passed on it...
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 4:51:46 AM

That sounds like a great idea........ i think ill do that.
The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
interested in it. they usually email people when they see a post like
what i had, but since everyone is so 'ebay-minded' i will just sell it
there.
thanks for the great idea
*plonk*

Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
From: "prOk" <bso...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:08:58 GMT
original | Report Abuse

because it's super duper rare and you should run to ebay with those
boards
right now!!!!!
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 7:08:40 AM

Not rare.

"arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In the midst of cleaning up my workroom I have found 2 working
> boardsets that clealy say Stern on them.
> In the klov it says its a Valadon Automation game. SO does anyone have
> any info on these?
>
> Don
> arcadeguy.com

June 4, 2005 8:08:58 AM

because it's super duper rare and you should run to ebay with those boards
right now!!!!!

Actually, as the screenshot on KLOV shows, Bagman was a licensed game by
stern from Valodon Automation. Stern built them, but didn't write the
game.. Much like you see ATARI all over pole positions, but it was licensed
from NAMCO.

Not a rare game at all..

/b

> then why isnt it listed correctly in the klov?
>

> From: "Rob Carroll" <spy.hun...@verizon.net> -
> Subject: Re: Stern Bagman - rare?
>
> Not rare.

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:11:46 AM

Thanks Tim,
I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
emulated.

Don

From: Tim O <tim...@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:14:34 -0400

In case you're not just being sarcastic, Bagman and at least 4 bootleg
variations are already in MAME.

Tim
June 4, 2005 1:09:08 PM

>>The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
interested in it.

Its been mame'd for a long time.

tim (NH)

> That sounds like a great idea........ i think ill do that.
> The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
> interested in it. they usually email people when they see a post like
> what i had, but since everyone is so 'ebay-minded' i will just sell it
> there.
> thanks for the great idea
> *plonk*
>
> Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
> From: "prOk" <bso...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this author
> Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:08:58 GMT
> Subject: Re: Stern Bagman - rare?
> Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show
> original | Report Abuse
>
> because it's super duper rare and you should run to ebay with those
> boards
> right now!!!!!

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:14:34 PM

On 4 Jun 2005 00:51:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>That sounds like a great idea........ i think ill do that.
>The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
>interested in it. they usually email people when they see a post like
>what i had, but since everyone is so 'ebay-minded' i will just sell it
>there.
>thanks for the great idea
>*plonk*

In case you're not just being sarcastic, Bagman and at least 4 bootleg
variations are already in MAME.

Tim
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:23:29 PM

"arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1117857112.680218.20480
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> then why isnt it listed correctly in the klov?

Because KLOV is known for it's errors?

--
Do you want a free iPod?
http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

Thats a double sided question........ those running a Multi Williams...

Hmmmmm
Again thanks for the info!

From: Tim O <tim...@hotmail.com>

Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
sure if you were serious. :)
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:34:20 PM

On 4 Jun 2005 07:11:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks Tim,
> I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
>emulated.
>
>Don

Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
sure if you were serious. :)  I think all the games from the big
players of the 80's have been dumped, along with most bootlegs of the
big hits.
For Bagman, there is the standard Valodon Automation, two variations
of the Stern liscense, and even the French version called Le Bagnard.

My only exposure to Bagman before MAME was on the consoles back in the
80s. I don't recall ever seeing one in arcades.

Tim
June 4, 2005 8:04:30 PM

I played Anthonys' years ago and its one of the toughest games out there.

tim (NH)

"Tim O" <timo56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 4 Jun 2005 07:11:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Thanks Tim,
>> I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
>>emulated.
>>
>>Don
>>

> Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
> sure if you were serious. :)  I think all the games from the big
> players of the 80's have been dumped, along with most bootlegs of the
> big hits.
> For Bagman, there is the standard Valodon Automation, two variations
> of the Stern liscense, and even the French version called Le Bagnard.
>
> My only exposure to Bagman before MAME was on the consoles back in the
> 80s. I don't recall ever seeing one in arcades.
>
> Tim

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:29:16 PM

If any one wants one I have one working 100% and in very good shape.It is
located in MN.It is taking up space in my storage shoot me a good offer.

Jeff
"arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In the midst of cleaning up my workroom I have found 2 working
> boardsets that clealy say Stern on them.
> In the klov it says its a Valadon Automation game. SO does anyone have
> any info on these?
>
> Don
> arcadeguy.com

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 12:30:11 PM

Mine is still here, it certainly is a tough game, but with some patience in
learning to play it, it isn't that bad of game. Definitely a slow paced
game, but fun nonetheless.

Super Bagman is decent too, similar game play with some added twists.

Anth

--
Anthony Pietrak
www.QuarterArcade.com

"guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I played Anthonys' years ago and its one of the toughest games out there.
>
> tim (NH)
>
> "Tim O" <timo56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > On 4 Jun 2005 07:11:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks Tim,
> >> I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
> >>emulated.
> >>
> >>Don
> >>

> > Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
> > sure if you were serious. :)  I think all the games from the big
> > players of the 80's have been dumped, along with most bootlegs of the
> > big hits.
> > For Bagman, there is the standard Valodon Automation, two variations
> > of the Stern liscense, and even the French version called Le Bagnard.
> >
> > My only exposure to Bagman before MAME was on the consoles back in the
> > 80s. I don't recall ever seeing one in arcades.
> >
> > Tim

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:07:50 AM

arcadeguy <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote:
: then why isnt it listed correctly in the klov?

Stern licensed it.

....just like how scramble and super cobra were "URL" games, :)
--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu