    From: "Rob Carroll" <spy.hun...@verizon.net> -
    Subject: Re: Stern Bagman - rare?

    Not rare.

    in my travels, i may have seen one or two at the dallas auctions and
    none on my personal raids.
    there might have been one or two pass through here within the last few
    years.
    ronald

    We had a dozen Stern Bagmans on the route in the 1980's. I converted
    every one of them to something else as the cabinet was worth more than
    the game.

    That's why I passed on it...

    That sounds like a great idea........ i think ill do that.
    The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
    interested in it. they usually email people when they see a post like
    what i had, but since everyone is so 'ebay-minded' i will just sell it
    there.
    thanks for the great idea
    *plonk*

    Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
    From: "prOk" <bso...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this author
    Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:08:58 GMT
    original | Report Abuse

    because it's super duper rare and you should run to ebay with those
    boards
    right now!!!!!
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Not rare.

    "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In the midst of cleaning up my workroom I have found 2 working
    > boardsets that clealy say Stern on them.
    > In the klov it says its a Valadon Automation game. SO does anyone have
    > any info on these?
    >
    > Don
    > arcadeguy.com

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    because it's super duper rare and you should run to ebay with those boards
    right now!!!!!

    Actually, as the screenshot on KLOV shows, Bagman was a licensed game by
    stern from Valodon Automation. Stern built them, but didn't write the
    game.. Much like you see ATARI all over pole positions, but it was licensed
    from NAMCO.

    Not a rare game at all..

    /b

    > then why isnt it listed correctly in the klov?
    >

    > From: "Rob Carroll" <spy.hun...@verizon.net> -
    > Subject: Re: Stern Bagman - rare?
    >
    > Not rare.

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Thanks Tim,
    I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
    emulated.

    Don

    From: Tim O <tim...@hotmail.com>
    Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:14:34 -0400

    In case you're not just being sarcastic, Bagman and at least 4 bootleg
    variations are already in MAME.

    Tim
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    >>The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
    interested in it.

    Its been mame'd for a long time.

    tim (NH)

    > That sounds like a great idea........ i think ill do that.
    > The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
    > interested in it. they usually email people when they see a post like
    > what i had, but since everyone is so 'ebay-minded' i will just sell it
    > there.
    > thanks for the great idea
    > *plonk*
    >
    > Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
    > From: "prOk" <bso...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this author
    > Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:08:58 GMT
    > Subject: Re: Stern Bagman - rare?
    > Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show
    > original | Report Abuse
    >
    > because it's super duper rare and you should run to ebay with those
    > boards
    > right now!!!!!

  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    On 4 Jun 2005 00:51:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >That sounds like a great idea........ i think ill do that.
    >The reason behind my post is to see if maybe the mame team was
    >interested in it. they usually email people when they see a post like
    >what i had, but since everyone is so 'ebay-minded' i will just sell it
    >there.
    >thanks for the great idea
    >*plonk*

    In case you're not just being sarcastic, Bagman and at least 4 bootleg
    variations are already in MAME.

    Tim
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1117857112.680218.20480
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > then why isnt it listed correctly in the klov?

    Because KLOV is known for it's errors?

    --
    Do you want a free iPod?
    http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

    Thats a double sided question........ those running a Multi Williams...

    Hmmmmm
    Again thanks for the info!

    From: Tim O <tim...@hotmail.com>

    Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
    sure if you were serious. :)
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    On 4 Jun 2005 07:11:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Thanks Tim,
    > I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
    >emulated.
    >
    >Don

    Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
    sure if you were serious. :) I think all the games from the big
    players of the 80's have been dumped, along with most bootlegs of the
    big hits.
    For Bagman, there is the standard Valodon Automation, two variations
    of the Stern liscense, and even the French version called Le Bagnard.

    My only exposure to Bagman before MAME was on the consoles back in the
    80s. I don't recall ever seeing one in arcades.

    Tim
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I played Anthonys' years ago and its one of the toughest games out there.

    tim (NH)

    "Tim O" <timo56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On 4 Jun 2005 07:11:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks Tim,
    >> I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
    >>emulated.
    >>
    >>Don
    >>

    > Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
    > sure if you were serious. :) I think all the games from the big
    > players of the 80's have been dumped, along with most bootlegs of the
    > big hits.
    > For Bagman, there is the standard Valodon Automation, two variations
    > of the Stern liscense, and even the French version called Le Bagnard.
    >
    > My only exposure to Bagman before MAME was on the consoles back in the
    > 80s. I don't recall ever seeing one in arcades.
    >
    > Tim

  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    If any one wants one I have one working 100% and in very good shape.It is
    located in MN.It is taking up space in my storage shoot me a good offer.

    Jeff
    "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In the midst of cleaning up my workroom I have found 2 working
    > boardsets that clealy say Stern on them.
    > In the klov it says its a Valadon Automation game. SO does anyone have
    > any info on these?
    >
    > Don
    > arcadeguy.com

  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Mine is still here, it certainly is a tough game, but with some patience in
    learning to play it, it isn't that bad of game. Definitely a slow paced
    game, but fun nonetheless.

    Super Bagman is decent too, similar game play with some added twists.

    Anth

    --
    Anthony Pietrak
    www.QuarterArcade.com

    "guinness" <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > I played Anthonys' years ago and its one of the toughest games out there.
    >
    > tim (NH)
    >
    > "Tim O" <timo56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > On 4 Jun 2005 07:11:46 -0700, "arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Thanks Tim,
    > >> I dont have any MAME roms and I dont run it so i had no idea if it was
    > >>emulated.
    > >>
    > >>Don
    > >>

    > > Since MAME is often looked upon with a little derision here, I wasn't
    > > sure if you were serious. :) I think all the games from the big
    > > players of the 80's have been dumped, along with most bootlegs of the
    > > big hits.
    > > For Bagman, there is the standard Valodon Automation, two variations
    > > of the Stern liscense, and even the French version called Le Bagnard.
    > >
    > > My only exposure to Bagman before MAME was on the consoles back in the
    > > 80s. I don't recall ever seeing one in arcades.
    > >
    > > Tim

  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    arcadeguy <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote:
    : then why isnt it listed correctly in the klov?

    Stern licensed it.

    ....just like how scramble and super cobra were "URL" games, :)
    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Games Video Automation Video Games