19" Med res chassis on ebay?

Is this a 4900 med res chassis? I think it is because it has the little
board on the top of the frame on the left hand side. Can anyone confirm
this?

http://tinyurl.com/dx3go

Thanks

Pat D.

Thanks, got that part. How about the medium res portion of it?

Pat D.

joshers17@hotmail.com wrote:
> Yep looks to be a 4900
>
> Josh

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It could be a K4915 which is a 19" Med res monitor that is pretty
common to find in Atari System 2 games like PaperBoy, Super Sprint and
APB. It could also be a K5500 series 25" Med res monitor chassis.

The medium res versions of the 4900 series were labeled 55XX and not 49XX,
although the layout of the 55XX is the same as the 4900s. I don't remember
ever seeing a med res. 19" in the 4900 series, that is not to say there is
one, I don't know for sure. Seen plenty of 25" versions. Ask the seller if
there is a model number pasted on the side or what the history is. If he
knows what game it came out of, then there's your answer.

"Pat D" <patdanis@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thanks, got that part. How about the medium res portion of it?
>
> Pat D.
>

> joshers17@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Yep looks to be a 4900
>>
>> Josh

Thanks. Yes, there is a med. res version. I have one in the garage
from a Narc I believe. I'll have to check. Just didn't know how to
tell for sure from looking at the chassis.

Pat

G. Silber wrote:
> The medium res versions of the 4900 series were labeled 55XX and not 49XX,
> although the layout of the 55XX is the same as the 4900s. I don't remember
> ever seeing a med res. 19" in the 4900 series, that is not to say there is
> one, I don't know for sure. Seen plenty of 25" versions. Ask the seller if
> there is a model number pasted on the side or what the history is. If he
> knows what game it came out of, then there's your answer.
>

> "Pat D" <patdanis@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks, got that part. How about the medium res portion of it?
>>
>>Pat D.
>>

>>joshers17@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>Yep looks to be a 4900
>>>
>>>Josh

Yes, I know Narc is a med res, but all the ones I've seen are the 7000
series.

"James" <rictus55@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It could be a K4915 which is a 19" Med res monitor that is pretty
> common to find in Atari System 2 games like PaperBoy, Super Sprint and
> APB. It could also be a K5500 series 25" Med res monitor chassis.

That would be more likely since the 7000 series started production around
the same time, but still have only seen 7000 series in those games. I shall
be on the lookout for a 4915, thank you.