TECH: Need BABY PAC MAN Help

This has me totaly stumped.

I have a bunch of vidiot boards that only need roms to work. I took a
good set out of a workgin board and copied them with my eprom burner. I
even used the same type chip D2764-4 Intel. The eprom burner verified
that the data was copied correctly. I verified that both the buffer and
the copied chip had the same checksum. Both checksums matched. I plug
the copied U12 into the Vidiot board and don't get the 3rd flash. I
take the copied chip out and put the original 2764 U12 in the socket
and get the 3rd flash. Ok, so i think I have a bad eprom. I copy it
onto another one and another and another, none work but all were
programmed correctly and have the correct checksum

HOW CAN THIS BE. Is there some kind of copy protection on a baby pac
man rom set.

Can someone put closer to this problem I have?

Also, Does someone sell tested and working vidiot rom sets?

Thanks
Jeff
ClassicArcades Inc.
North East Pennsylvania

Do a good inspection of the socket for the ROM. I would bet that is where
our problem is. Everything you have done sounds like it should work fine.

<mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
> This has me totaly stumped.
>
> I have a bunch of vidiot boards that only need roms to work. I took a
> good set out of a workgin board and copied them with my eprom burner. I
> even used the same type chip D2764-4 Intel. The eprom burner verified
> that the data was copied correctly. I verified that both the buffer and
> the copied chip had the same checksum. Both checksums matched. I plug
> the copied U12 into the Vidiot board and don't get the 3rd flash. I
> take the copied chip out and put the original 2764 U12 in the socket
> and get the 3rd flash. Ok, so i think I have a bad eprom. I copy it
> onto another one and another and another, none work but all were
> programmed correctly and have the correct checksum
>
> HOW CAN THIS BE. Is there some kind of copy protection on a baby pac
> man rom set.
>
> Can someone put closer to this problem I have?
>
> Also, Does someone sell tested and working vidiot rom sets?
>
> Thanks
> Jeff
> ClassicArcades Inc.
> North East Pennsylvania

here is the location for bally romsets.
if i remember correctly they were released to the public from williams.

http://www.pinball.com/tech/earlybally.html